Not Since High School in the late 80's....

Options
BigBoneSista
BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
I haven't been below 200 lbs since the late 80's. I am officially 198.4 lbs today. I'm excited about the number because of the overall meaning to me. Even though I've been fighting diligently to lose weight over the years that little voice in the back of my mind has always been a naysayer. Its put me down, beat me down emotionally, caused me to quit so many times...it has really abuse me mentally and emotionally. BUT! This last time I dug in my heals. I had to realize that the voice was my fear of change, it was my fear of failure, it was me attacking myself. I thought I was surpose to love me so why am I my own worse enemy?

I knew that was what I needed to find out so I started to confront the side of me that was trying to see me stumble. When my fear went on attack I told myself that I would be ok because there is nothing to be afraid of. I need to be healthy to save my life and to give my kids a mother that they deserve. When failure started to show its ugly little face I just told myself there would be many bumps in the road and sometimes I may stumble and sometimes I might fall, but as long as I brush it off and stood...I would make it. Sometimes I even cursed myself out because the attacks would come on stronger and I had to be just as strong. I had to get mad in order to win this battle. And believe me the battle is forging on. The war has yet to be won. But I'm on my way to victory!

I'm still focus & I'm still moving. I have my days like everyone else but because of all of you...those of you that are my friends and those of you that post on this site....you all keep me going. From stories of failures and rising the next day to fight again to stories of much deserved success....healthy information and debates.....all of these things have help me to continue on to my goal to reach my healthy body weight.

I still go by my body fat %, but it was just nice to see a old friend named one hundred and something!!

So atlas I say thank you my friends..those known to me personally and unknown. You are the best support system a person can have. :flowerforyou:

Replies

• rorosaw
    rorosaw Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Wow! You are an inspiration!
  • pmills60
    pmills60 Posts: 11
    Options
    Wow!!! You look beautiful! Great job! Keep going you can do it!!!
  • cherylwhite
    cherylwhite Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Great job! You look wonderful! Keep at it ...18 pounds is not much farther to go ...you are almost there!
  • Rideau
    Rideau Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Wow...congratulations!! It is interesting that a lot of us on here have the same thoughts, fears, hopes. People like you posting on these boards inspire me and keep me going on this journey even when I have had a bad day.
  • TNGirlyGirl
    TNGirlyGirl Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!! Thank you for posting this -- it is just what I needed this morning! I had hit a mini-plateau, and I've been beating myself up over it. I needed the reminder to "pick myself up" and get mad!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!! Have a great weekend :smile:
  • blisterpeanuts
    blisterpeanuts Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    True grit.
  • BRANDYLYNETTE
    BRANDYLYNETTE Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    You look beautiful! Great post.
  • patattheshire
    patattheshire Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    wow you are awesome I hope you know that it's folks like you who keep me trying to get down to my goal wt great job thankyou
    pat
  • Helice
    Helice Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on pulling through and making it into the 100's!!
    Way to go ^-^ ^-^
  • meljr66
    meljr66 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    You are an inspiration...and you look fantastic!
  • dixedreg
    dixedreg Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on making it to Onederland! You look beautiful!
  • bmw4deb
    bmw4deb Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!! way to go:drinker:
  • chasingskinny
    Options
    You look gorgeous and confident! I know you're thrilled! Way to go!!!
  • laddyboy
    laddyboy Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options
    I've got to say...Pretty Darn Hot Looking. You are amazing.
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Congratulations and keep up the good work. You look amazing.
  • cathys01
    cathys01 Posts: 221
    Options
    What a truly inspirational story. Thanks for sharing. You look amazing.
  • RuthRW
    RuthRW Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    YOU LOOK AMAZING!!!!
    Congratulations and thank you for your honest post - sometimes when I look in the mirror all I can see are my failures.
    Success stories like yours are so motivating - they encourage me to keep exercising, keep logging, keep caring about my future health!
    Thank you for posting, you should be REALLY proud of yourself!
  • blm625
    blm625 Posts: 33
    Options
    You look amazing!! Congratz on getting below the 2's!!
  • daylitemag
    daylitemag Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I see the majority of posters commenting on how good you look - and you do look great, but more importantly I'm sure you feel great. Your accomplishment is a true mile stone and the long term health benefits are staggering. You have probably just added several years to your life.
  • sbwood888
    sbwood888 Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    Wow. You look fantastic! Being below 200 is a huge goal for me too. I totally understand how important that number is. You did GREAT! :wink:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!