I look thinner, yet I now weigh more...

Options
Hey everyone!

I'm not sure how to really express how I feel right now.
I started the year at almost sixty kilos, and lost almost five kilos quite quickly (Within two months.).
I haven't really been weighing myself as I come from an ED background. However, I look much thinner than I did at the start of the year. Toned. And more impressively, I am fitter than I have ever been in my entire life!

But this morning I decided to weigh myself. I'm 57 kilos. My goal weight has always been 53.
I know this is most likely due to muscle (I do a mix of weights and cardio.), as I look like I have lost weight. However... I honestly feel kind of disgruntled.

I feel like I must have body dysmorphia or something now as I've been so proud as of late as to how my body looks, yet I am so far from my ideal weight.

I just wanted to share/vent... Has anyone else been in a similar position before? Have you come to accept this?

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Do you still see a therapist?
  • KateTii
    KateTii Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    More often than not, the mirror is a better judge of what your goal weight should be rather than the scale.

There is a member on here that has a fantastic example of how her body changed as she lost weight and gained muscle. She looks "thinner" and way better at her heavier weight (due to increased muscle) than her lighter weight. I'm sure she will be along soon haha...
  • cassandralepandaa
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »

Not sure if a hit at me or not. :p But I do, yes. Generally once a month now.
  • cassandralepandaa
    Options
    KateTii wrote: »
    More often than not, the mirror is a better judge of what your goal weight should be rather than the scale.

There is a member on here that has a fantastic example of how her body changed as she lost weight and gained muscle. She looks "thinner" and way better at her heavier weight (due to increased muscle) than her lighter weight. I'm sure she will be along soon haha...

Any chance you could link me to her? :)
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »

Not sure if a hit at me or not. :p But I do, yes. Generally once a month now.

Good, phew. I think it's your mind playing games with you. In your avatar pic you look very good. Keep seeing your doc.
  • KateTii
    Options

I was trying to find her haha I couldn't remember her username. I really hope she doesn't mind but her username is rabbitjb

One of her profile photos is a timeline progression as she has lost weight and gained muscle - real proof :)
  • macgurlnet
    macgurlnet Posts: 1,946 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options

I was trying to find her haha I couldn't remember her username. I really hope she doesn't mind but her username is rabbitjb

One of her profile photos is a timeline progression as she has lost weight and gained muscle - real proof :)

If you're referring to this:

a46378e79756000773fcee9ba88143012390_thumb.jpg

That's not her; it's just a picture she likes to keep handy for situations like this :)

~Lyssa
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,487 Member
    Options
    If you scroll through this thread kshama2001 has posted a photo of herself before and after at the same weight.
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/comment/33858321#Comment_33858321

Cassandra, really, don't go by the scale. You have improved your body shape through exercise. I realise that is easier said than done, but try to appreciate your body improvements, rather than wish the scale had moved more.

Cheers, h.

( hope you don't mind me sharing your photo k)
  • KateTii
    Options
    macgurlnet wrote: »

That's not her; it's just a picture she likes to keep handy for situations like this :)

~Lyssa

Oh really? Whoops - it's still a great example though!!

• Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options

~Lyssa

Confirmed.

Also, a larger version of the pic:

muscle_zpsqquja4ua.jpg

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    If you scroll through this thread kshama2001 has posted a photo of herself before and after at the same weight.
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/comment/33858321#Comment_33858321

Cassandra, really, don't go by the scale. You have improved your body shape through exercise. I realise that is easier said than done, but try to appreciate your body improvements, rather than wish the scale had moved more.

Cheers, h.

( hope you don't mind me sharing your photo k)

That's not me; that's a picture I found when looking for the 5 # of fat vs 5 # of muscle picture :)

155-lbs-before-and-after.jpg

Five-pounds-of-fat-compared-to-five-pounds-of-muscle.jpg

• macgurlnet
    macgurlnet Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    Orphia wrote: »

~Lyssa

Confirmed.

Also, a larger version of the pic:

muscle_zpsqquja4ua.jpg

It's been a long day and I couldn't be bothered to go get the bigger photo so thank you!!

~Lyssa
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,487 Member
    Options
    Kshama2001, oops, blushing.
    Still a good example of a body transformation at the same weight.
    Still wish I was dedicated enough for that amount of work, it would get in the way of the rest of my life though.

A whole load of mistaken identity happening on your thread Cassandra, hope you don't mind.

Cheers, h.