Dealing with loose skin after weight loss

Options
After weight loss I was also left with loose skin. I hated my upper arms and would only wear longer sleeved shirts. My midsection so loose I would tuck it into my jeans like a shirt. My upper thighs were only for me to see. My double chin that left loose skin was the worst of it. I started to research what could be done. This is what I found to help loose skin.

After weight loss the skin is loose and jiggly which is not just skin but excess body fat attached under the skin. This stubborn fat clings to the areas most often associated with loose or excess skin problems: the lower abdomen, lower back (love handles), hips, thighs, and butt.
Dieting as well as large amounts of cardio to lose fat causes significant muscle loss, further expanding the void between the skin and the underlying tissue.
A big part of tightening loose skin is building muscle. The reason for this is simple. There are two layers of tissue underneath your skin: fat and muscle, both of which press up against your skin and keep it from sagging loosely. The skin will stick to the muscle instead of sagging.
Building muscle is the solution to all these woes because it literally fills in the looseness in the skin, creating a visibly tighter, healthier look.
Adopt a high-protein diet. Eat several servings of fruits and vegetables every day. Gelatin supplements and fish oil have many health benefits is the improvement of skin elasticity, Also, don’t smoke.
If you do all these things and remain patient, there’s a very good chance you can dramatically reduce or even eliminate your loose skin problem without going under the knife.
I started to build my muscle a couple of months ago. I am already seeing some changes to my skin. I know it does not happen overnight but I am really excited to see more results. I also use body oils after I shower to keep it from being dry.
I will keep you all posted as I progress.

Replies

• KittensMaster
    KittensMaster Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    Excess skin often requires surgical removal.
  • tomofnj
    tomofnj Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Eliza618 wrote: »
    After weight loss I was also left with loose skin. I hated my upper arms and would only wear longer sleeved shirts. My midsection so loose I would tuck it into my jeans like a shirt. My upper thighs were only for me to see. My double chin that left loose skin was the worst of it. I started to research what could be done. This is what I found to help loose skin.

After weight loss the skin is loose and jiggly which is not just skin but excess body fat attached under the skin. This stubborn fat clings to the areas most often associated with loose or excess skin problems: the lower abdomen, lower back (love handles), hips, thighs, and butt.
    Dieting as well as large amounts of cardio to lose fat causes significant muscle loss, further expanding the void between the skin and the underlying tissue.
    A big part of tightening loose skin is building muscle. The reason for this is simple. There are two layers of tissue underneath your skin: fat and muscle, both of which press up against your skin and keep it from sagging loosely. The skin will stick to the muscle instead of sagging.
    Building muscle is the solution to all these woes because it literally fills in the looseness in the skin, creating a visibly tighter, healthier look.
    Adopt a high-protein diet. Eat several servings of fruits and vegetables every day. Gelatin supplements and fish oil have many health benefits is the improvement of skin elasticity, Also, don’t smoke.
    If you do all these things and remain patient, there’s a very good chance you can dramatically reduce or even eliminate your loose skin problem without going under the knife.
    I started to build my muscle a couple of months ago. I am already seeing some changes to my skin. I know it does not happen overnight but I am really excited to see more results. I also use body oils after I shower to keep it from being dry.
    I will keep you all posted as I progress.

Anything that works is good in my book.