heart rate monitors on ebay

Options
has anyone bought one of the cheaper ones they are selling?

i really wanna get one but cant afford an expensive one. especially not at the moment. seem some very cheap ones on ebay and just wondered what everyones experiences are?

Replies

• sezp
    sezp Posts: 69
    Options
    I didn't buy mine from Ebay, but mine wasn't especially expensive and it does the job as well as my old expensive one (which broke - ha!) I paid £30 for mine. I would make sure they have chest straps so they're as accurate as possible.
  • curlgirl_03
    Options
    I got mine off Amazon for $60 I think.. it should be delivered today. I think the one I bought is relatively cheap compared to what I've seen elsewhere. I'll tell you how it works when I use it. This is the one I bought:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003DMERFQ
  • GaveUp
    GaveUp Posts: 308
    Options
    Walmart has 30 dollar ones, you can try it and If you don't like it bring it back.
  • BeastieGirl
    Options
    Hi,

I just bought an FT4 off ebay for £48, should have been £70. I'm really pleased with it and already noticing a huge difference in the cals recorded by my polar and those on MFP. For example, I just walked 10 miles in 3 hours 20 mins and MFP logs that as around 800 cals, but my Polar recorded 1179 and I know it's acurate because it tells me how long I was burning cals in my optimum heart rate zone. So, I also know I was burning fat and not muscle.

I'd say go for it but usual rules apply, check the feedback for the seller etc.

Good luck!
  • schninie82
    schninie82 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    I did! It cost me £4.99 and it was brilliant, you could put your age height weight sex in it.. It had a stop watch... Waterproof... Easy to use everything until I took it swimming.... It steamed up and would never dry out even on the radiator... Then the digits kept flickering and it stopped keeping the time so I binned it.... Saying that.... Before I bought my cheap one, I sold a Garmin on eBay as that was crap! So at both ends of the spectrum for me was a waste of money! However, if you buy on on eBay and it's good, let me know because I really need another one!
  • schninie82
    schninie82 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Yes I too hard heard a zillion times that the polar ft4 is the one to buy....if I save up I will definatley get one...
  • Helice
    Helice Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    Iv just bought one on ebay for £7 plus P&P...
    I'l let you know if it works when i recieve it lol..
    Hopeing it will!!
  • Helice
    Helice Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    Easy to use everything until I took it swimming.... It steamed up and would never dry out even on the radiator... Then the digits kept flickering and it stopped keeping the time so I binned it.

Are you sure it was waterproof?
    I would of assumed there not....
  • Claire739
    Claire739 Posts: 114
    Options
    Iv just bought one on ebay for £7 plus P&P...
    I'l let you know if it works when i recieve it lol..
    Hopeing it will!!

yes please do! ive seen a lot between £5 - £7 but didnt know whether to risk it or not!