Drinking hot water?

Options
So it is winter here and I suck at drinking enough when it is cold.

Is there anything wrong with drinking plain hot water? I drink a lot of herbal tea as well but I am gonna go broke funding tea at this rate.

Is there any reason I shouldn't drink plain hot water?

Replies

• beccah88
    beccah88 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    As far as I know there are no down sides to drinking hot water, and I've read that it can be good for you (although I'm not too sure why)
  • BodyRockerVT
    BodyRockerVT Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Hmm curious. I wonder why it would be good for you?
  • beccah88
    beccah88 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure exactly but I've read in a few places that its good for your digestive system.

Apparently its not too great to drink hot water straight from the tap though, just boiled in a kettle because of the bacteria in a water tank
  • Shandy818
    Options
    I've also heard it can be good for you... Here's a link that may help explain. I'm sure there are plenty more, and I don't know if it works, just something I came across...

http://www.healthydrinkingwaterblog.com/final-tips-on-drinking-water/benefits-of-drinking-hot-water-36/
  • lynnjunior
    Options
    I always drink hot water with my meal (esp. when out) - I was told the hot water is better to digest your food, the cold water actually somewhat spoils your food I guess and that's what makes you feel bloated - I myself have noticed a HUGE difference in the way I feel esp. after eating a large meal!! Not sure if this is what you were looking for or not!!
  • paulamarsden
    paulamarsden Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    My grandmother drank a cup of hot water with a slice of lemon every morning to aid digestion. :)
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Hot water is fine. But also, have you tried re-using your tea bags? Saves a bit of money that way.
  • Angelbinick21
    Angelbinick21 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I drink a tea pot full of hot water, or water with VERY mild tea, almost every day. I reuse the tea about 4-5 times, each time just letting it steep for a minute or so. It makes me feel warm, happy, and full - and my skin looks great.
  • Saruman_w
    Saruman_w Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    I don't know about "hot", but I can drink my water at room temperature just fine.
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    Hot water should be fine to drink, just avoid sticking your head over boiling tap water if you have public water. Chlorine vapor is bad, mmkay.
  • BodyRockerVT
    Options
    I haven't....what do you do with the bag between teas?
  • BodyRockerVT
    Options
    If it would help digestion I would be all over it haha...I will have to see if I notice a difference.
  • ncytiz
    ncytiz Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I've found since losing weight I'm always cold so I drink hot water all day long to keep me warm. It doesn't taste the greatest, but it does the job!
  • PameW
    PameW Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hot water with a squeezed lemon in it aids digestion and flushes toxins from your system.
  • ishallnotwant
    ishallnotwant Posts: 1,210 Member
    Options
    On really cold days I love a cup of hot water with lemon in it to warm me up and help flush out my system.
  • calcorn1
    Options
    I use to waitress in a asian restuarant, and they drank hot water all the time. Said it was good for overall health. After reading all the potential benefits, I'm definitely going to try it out!
  • sergetns73
    sergetns73 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    yes drinking hot water is good, the asian do it all the time when they eat, of course they dont drink it with only hot water , they add green tea in it, Green tea help you digest, i have about 120 kinds of teas here from herbal to flower buds,decaf, red ,white and green teas and any other types you can think of
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    I haven't....what do you do with the bag between teas?
    I usually just leave it in my cup. I will use one bag all day. It does get weaker (and a few I've tried were not good on the second cup) but it's still a little flavor, which is good if you're tired of plain water.
  • mfm143
    mfm143 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    lynnjunior wrote: »
    I always drink hot water with my meal (esp. when out) - I was told the hot water is better to digest your food, the cold water actually somewhat spoils your food I guess and that's what makes you feel bloated - I myself have noticed a HUGE difference in the way I feel esp. after eating a large meal!! Not sure if this is what you were looking for or not!!

^^ bump
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    So it is winter here and I suck at drinking enough when it is cold.

Is there anything wrong with drinking plain hot water? I drink a lot of herbal tea as well but I am gonna go broke funding tea at this rate.

Is there any reason I shouldn't drink plain hot water?

No. Drink water at any temperature you want.