Boneless chicken thighs

Options
kayfager
kayfager Posts: 25 Member
i recently bought some boneless skinless chicken thighs and looking for a good way to cook them. Any ideas?

Replies

• mikestobbs1
    mikestobbs1 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Make a casserole. You can make a huge one then freeze it in portions and have it whenever.

• suruda
    suruda Posts: 1,233 Member
    Options
    thighs are much easier to cook than breasts...they are more forgiving and won't get so dried out if you overcook them! I've bbq'd them, baked them, cooked them in a little olive oil on the stovetop, and they are good any way. A little salt, pepper, garlic salt and they will be good!
  • ald783
    ald783 Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    I like making them in the crockpot. I throw them in there in the morning, let them cook on low all day( with whatever sauces or toppings you'd like mixed in) and then get home and you can shred them and dinner is made! You can do something simple like buffalo sauce or bbq sauce, or make chicken tacos, or whatever else you're feeling. I've tried lots of good slow cooker Asian chicken recipes (sesame chicken, orange chicken, etc.) in the crockpot, never disappointed.
  • ponycyndi
    ponycyndi Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    I add some seasoned salt and boil or bake them. Then I have meals for the week, either added to salads, pasta, sandwiches, etc or add sauce, veggies, and sides.
  • isyvanek
    isyvanek Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    I live in San Diego where we have a lot of Filipino families. A friend of mine gave me this recipe. It is a very popular dish called Chicken Adobo and is one of my favorite ways to use chicken thighs. I buy a package of skinless thighs (bone in or boneless doesn't matter). Use 1/2 cup white vinegar, 1 cup water, 2 cloves crushed garlic, 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce and salt and pepper to taste. I like to add a chopped onion also. Put it all in a large skillet and cook on low for 1 hour until most of the liquid has evaporated. the chicken is tender and delicious. I serve with rice. Yum! Let me know if you try it. :)

Also, chicken thighs are the best in chicken soup. You can throw in a ton of veggies of choice.
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,416 Member
    Options
    This: http://www.skinnytaste.com/2010/12/skinless-chicken-thighs-with-shallots.html

So. Darn. Good! I'd eat it even if it wasn't healthy!
  • sheldonklein
    sheldonklein Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Marinate in yoghurt and lots of garlic. A full head is not too much. Grill or roast
  • kayfager
    kayfager Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for all the ideas. Can't wait to try them !
  • bathsheba_c
    bathsheba_c Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    This is a good time to start looking up Japanese chicken recipes since boneless thighs are what they are supposed to be made with. You can go to Just Hungry for inspiration.
  • rbakedq
    rbakedq Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Baked Chicken Fajitas. I modified this one a little. http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/baked-chicken-fajitas.
  • aledba
    aledba Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Marinate in yoghurt and lots of garlic. A full head is not too much. Grill or roast

YUS!
  • mikestobbs1
    mikestobbs1 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Make a casserole. You can make a huge one then freeze it in portions and have it whenever.

Brilliant Idea. Well played sir!
  • lindadougan55
    lindadougan55 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hairy Dieters Spanish chicken bake, recipe online.
  • janetb45
    janetb45 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    CHILLI CHICKEN

A simple delicious way to cook skinless chicken thighs and its high protein low calorie
    In a little oil fry a chopped small onion and then add the thighs cook for a few minutes add sliced green, red and yellow capsicums as much as you think is reasonable but I use 6 thighs chopped in half and 1.5 mixed peppers.
    add half tea spoon chilli flakes I like hot ones but add to your taste, then add a can of chopped tomatoes 400gram and a chicken stock cube mixed in half a can of hot water then stir and cook on high then simmer on low heat for 30 minutes till cooked, I serve this with rice.
    It serves 3 people at 163 calories a portion +extra for rice
  • Madwhizzard
    Madwhizzard Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    My recipe requires a ceramic frying pan, the kind that can be put in the oven. I got it from this book:

The Frugal Paleo Cookbook: Affordable, Easy & Delicious Paleo Cooking Paperback – December 2, 2014
    by Ciarra Hannah

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1624140882?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00

Oven at 375
    1tablespoon olive oil in pan
    add chicken thighs
    add granulated garlic/dry parsley seasoning blend
    sear on each side about 2-3 minutes

Put pan with seared thighs into oven
    bake for 25 minutes

Take out of oven very carefully - use full gloves! Very hot :)
    Add 3 tablespoons lemon or lime juice (fresh, or the bottled kind)
    Add some capers

Eat chicken thighs with the lemon juice & capers...delicious
  • jenmsu83
    jenmsu83 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I just recently started cooking these, I prefer them to boneless skinless breasts, they have a lot more flavor! I just grill them with spices and dip in BBQ sauce afterwards. So yummy!
  • stevwil41
    stevwil41 Posts: 608 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Chop a red pepper, a green pepper and half an onion. Add the veggies, 1/4 cup black olives and about 1/4 to 1/2 a cup Italian dressing (not the creamy kind) into a gallon Ziplock bag along with the thighs. Marinate over night and then bake the whole thing (minus the bag) for about 25-30 minutes at 350. The olives give the whole thing a wonderfully salty tang and it's delicious.
  • zdyb23456
    zdyb23456 Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    I second the Filipino chicken adobo recipe. Mine is similar only lots more garlic and equal parts water, vinegar, soy sauce. So good over hot white rice.
  • MsNeumann
    MsNeumann Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I just bake them in the oven with the spicy peach salsa from trader joes on top. Yum!
  • isyvanek
    isyvanek Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    That sounds interesting! I may try that next time.