Advice on resetting daily calories

Options
Hello everyone,
I wanted some advice before I do this and mess things up. I lost 30lbs last year and gained back 12 this year. In the last four months I've really struggled to take it off even though I was logging. I was at 1200 and it just wasn't moving. I exercise 6 days a week 4 lifting and the rest cardio. Three weeks ago I upped my calories to 1600 and its been wonderful I feel great but I've been maintaining at 152. I want to get down to 140 (I'm 5'5) now that things have stabilized shall I drop my calories again? I'm worried I'm messing around with my metabolism.
Thanks

Replies

• YorriaRaine
    YorriaRaine Posts: 370 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Do you log your food intake with a food scale? You don't' REALLY know how much your eating unless you are, measuring cups etc don't cut it. 1200 is a hard number to maintain but you could have been eating more than you think when you were logging 1600 (because I highly doubt maintenance for you is 1600). Also, you should log your cardio on mfp and eat around 50% of those calories back atleast.

Food scales are as low as 10 dollars brand new so they are not expensive. Also, they don't take up all your time like people are afraid. Infact, I go as far as to say for recipe's once you convert it to grams it takes less time and there is less mess.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I agree, you're probably eating more than you think.
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Make sure you are tracking every thing you eat! For me, MFP tracking app is VITAL!
    Your exercise levels are absolutely fantastic so keep up the brilliant work!
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you're eating at maintenance, or inaccurately logging. Lower them 100 calories, wait two weeks, rinse and repeat.
  • jendpositive
    jendpositive Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice. Will give it a whirl.