ls this the place for me?

Options
Hi l'm Jude,
l am recently diagnosed as Type 1 diabetic.
l am only here to carb count & keep them down so my blood sugars don't sky rocket!
Any help, friendships of advice welcomed.

Replies

• grimtimmer
    grimtimmer Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I hope the app is helpful for you. I find it great for food/nutrient tracking.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Welcome. Type 2 in remission here. You can customize the meals so that the snacks are recorded separately. I named mine AM snack, Aft Snack and Eve Snack.
  • xBijinx
    xBijinx Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »
    Welcome. Type 2 in remission here. You can customize the meals so that the snacks are recorded separately. I named mine AM snack, Aft Snack and Eve Snack.

I did not know this! Thanks!

I'm a carb counter as well. Not as strict as I was before but still mindful. I found this app very helpful in assisting in keeping track of my carbs. Other than the app I find it easier when I plan my meals in advance
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    In reply to your topic, of course this place is for you :)
    I hope you find this helpful.
  • Daisyhatespeach
    Daisyhatespeach Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    My daughter is t1d and I have been considering tracking her food with mfp (not for weight loss). She is a preteen so her blood sugars can really fluctuate because of hormones. I have heard many times that adults diagnosed with t1d don't get the education or support that children do... I hope that is not true in your case. Are you using a pump or cgm? Feel free to add me if you would like.