thinking of trying the nutra system for a month.anyone know if this is worth the money?

Options

Replies

• vivmom2014
    vivmom2014 Posts: 1,647 Member
    Options
    I had a friend who tried it, hated the food & offered the food to her dog, who sniffed it and walked away.

Why not just eat food that you enjoy in a calorie deficit?
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    It's..... not worth the money, honestly. It is well known for being the ultimate rip off system.

Save your money and just use MFP. :)
  • MsJulesRenee
    MsJulesRenee Posts: 1,180 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Nutra system is a company that weighs your food and counts calories so you don't have to do it. Nothing special. You can do the same with MFP app, eat food you actually like, and learn how to keep the weight off long term. Save your money for new clothes and use MFP instead :)
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    What's the nutra system? I haven't heard of this..
    No doubt it's another 'quick fix', right?
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Why not just eat at a deficit, it's cheaper?
  • JeffBrown3
    JeffBrown3 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I used it for a month. Over 300 dollars plus you had to buy vegetables about another 100 dollars. The food was dreadful, I couldn't give it away. It ended up in the trash.
  • JeffBrown3
    JeffBrown3 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    What's the nutra system? I haven't heard of this..
    No doubt it's another 'quick fix', right?

No, its a food delivery service basically.

• Yoshirio
    Yoshirio Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    The food is nasty and overpriced.
  • drsbeautygmailcom890
    Options
    vivmom2014 wrote: »
    I had a friend who tried it, hated the food & offered the food to her dog, who sniffed it and walked away.
    Lol

I want to hire someone who will pick the low calorie meals for me, im a very busy woman , don't have time to cook nor grocery shop, i always end up at fast food shops, so having a low calorie meal served to me and already cooked would be most helpful...
  • drsbeautygmailcom890
    Options
    cerise1982 wrote: »
    It's..... not worth the money, honestly. It is well known for being the ultimate rip off system.

MFP??
  • vivmom2014
    vivmom2014 Posts: 1,647 Member
    Options
    Lol

I want to hire someone who will pick the low calorie meals for me, im a very busy woman , don't have time to cook nor grocery shop, i always end up at fast food shops, so having a low calorie meal served to me and already cooked would be most helpful...

Well, you can certainly try whatever you wish. Maybe you'd be a fan. But after reading this thread, don't say you weren't warned if you hate it and have lost the $.

• MsJulesRenee
    MsJulesRenee Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options

If you live in a large city there are private companies that do the same but with better quality food.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options

MFP??

My Fitness Pal.

NutriSystem just puts women on a 1,200 calorie diet and men on a 1,500 calorie diet with their food.

In my opinion, i'd rather just eat the stuff i like to eat and hit that calorie range. No reason for me to spend $$$$ for someone else to do everything for me. There are so many services that do this all over the world as well. Just my opinion.
  • drsbeautygmailcom890
    Options
    rainbowbow wrote: »

MFP??

My Fitness Pal.

NutriSystem just puts women on a 1,200 calorie diet and men on a 1,500 calorie diet with their food.

In my opinion, i'd rather just eat the stuff i like to eat and hit that calorie range. No reason for me to spend $$$$ for someone else to do everything for me. There are so many services that do this all over the world as well. Just my opinion.
    Lol

Well, you can certainly try whatever you wish. Maybe you'd be a fan. But after reading this thread, don't say you weren't warned if you hate it and have lost the $.

I m certainly considering all the opinions here. So far everyone said the food is nasty . guess I'll try another company.
  • drsbeautygmailcom890
    Options
    JeffBrown3 wrote: »
    I used it for a month. Over 300 dollars plus you had to buy vegetables about another 100 dollars. The food was dreadful, I couldn't give it away. It ended up in the trash.

Wow!!!.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Lol

Just try it then , it seems it has the potential to be worth it for you. Not teaching you anuthing about food though and what will happen after you stop using them? What will stop you simply regaining the weight?
  • drsbeautygmailcom890
    Options

If you live in a large city there are private companies that do the same but with better quality food.
    999tigger wrote: »
    Lol

Just try it then , it seems it has the potential to be worth it for you. Not teaching you anuthing about food though and what will happen after you stop using them? What will stop you simply regaining the weight?

Well, if i lose it, (and i will) , i certainly will not gain it back. Iv been a small person all of my life until i recently had a bundle of joy☺. now iv got about 15 pounds to lose before im back to my weight before the baby. Im losing weight now, but its not moving as fast as id like it to. Guess i just need to be patient. But you guys have giving me a lot to think about towards this nutra system and i now have a lot to consider about it
  • drsbeautygmailcom890
    Options

999tigger wrote: »
    Lol

Well, if i lose it, (and i will) , i certainly will not gain it back. Iv been a small person all of my life until i recently had a bundle of joy☺. now iv got about 15 pounds to lose before im back to my weight before the baby. Im losing weight now, but its not moving as fast as id like it to. Guess i just need to be patient. But you guys have giving me a lot to think about towards this nutra system and i now have a lot to consider about it
    Its hard to get back on track after having a baby, i just need a little push and i got it from there.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    just eat at a calorie deficit
  • Annie_01
    Annie_01 Posts: 3,096 Member
    Options
    OP...Have you tried just buying some frozen dinners? Lean Cuisine...Healthy Choice...etc...etc?

I no longer eat them but when there are some that taste fairly good and would be a lot cheaper than NutriSystem...Jenny Craig...or some of the others.