Fage Greek Yoghurt

Options
have just discovered how lush this stuff is, was struggling to find a low fat/sugar dessert but the hunt is over. Sliced a banana over and drizzled a little map,e syrup and I was in heaven. Have just bought some granola to add for tonight's treat.
What do others put with theirs if they have it

Replies

• juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    rachelbl72 wrote: »
    have just discovered how lush this stuff is, was struggling to find a low fat/sugar dessert but the hunt is over. Sliced a banana over and drizzled a little map,e syrup and I was in heaven. Have just bought some granola to add for tonight's treat.
    What do others put with theirs if they have it

Generally fruit and/or granola.

Otherwise, a bit of PB2 and some chocolate chips
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    I eat Chobani 100 calories greek blueberry, with 1/2 cup fresh blueberries and sliced almonds. It's a nice treat for 181 calories
  • Lynzdee18
    Lynzdee18 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    With mixed frozen berries. I take this in a glass container to the gym. It stays cold, so I can keep it in my bag to eat after I workout in the morning.
  • betuel75
    betuel75 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    I eat an entire tub of fage 0%. Its 260 calories and like 46 grams of protein. I put liquid stevia sweetener in it and different flavors of water enhancer flavoring(like Mio) and mix it in the tub with a blender. So bomb!
  • rachelbl72
    rachelbl72 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    All sound yum, has anyone made the protein pancakes on the blog page with it
  • kwtilbury
    kwtilbury Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    I buy the Costco brand, which is essentially the same thing. I mix it with a scoop of protein and whatever fresh fruit is on hand...bananas, blueberries, strawberries, etc.

My go-to nighttime snack.
  • abetterluke
    abetterluke Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    kwtilbury wrote: »
    I buy the Costco brand, which is essentially the same thing. I mix it with a scoop of protein and whatever fresh fruit is on hand...bananas, blueberries, strawberries, etc.

My go-to nighttime snack.

I started buying the costco brand individual 6oz cups that come with blueberry, strawberry, and cherry. Not bad at all. Definitely reminds me of the fage cups which I was buying prior.
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    Honey and walnuts or strawberries and maple syrup are my favourite combinations
    Also works great with a bit of salt and mint, to eat with grilled meat, chicken etc
  • lalepepper
    lalepepper Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I first started eating the Fage 0% 200g cups, then transitioned to 2%. Now I like the whole milk Fage the best (a bit less tart, creamier), but I can't find it everywhere, so I tend to eat the 2% and whole milk depending on what's available.

As far as mix ins go I like honey, strawberries, mango, blueberries, and blackberries. You can also add in protein powder if you need a small meal with a big protein punch. I don't tend to put nuts or granola on mine because it doesn't usually fit in my day, but they're also great options.
  • scyian
    scyian Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I always got 0% Fage as that was all I could get in my usual supermarket. I inadvertently got the normal full fat version in another supermarket and it tastes so good I find it hard to go back to 0%. Never seen the 2%.
  • trina1049
    trina1049 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Fage 0% is so good for snacking -- I mix in unsweetened cocoa and a flavor (coconut or orange extract, or coffee extract) with berries and a sweetener. Also great with fresh lemon or lime juice, sweetened with your favorite sugar substitute and dark chocolate.
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    I get the 2% Fage and add chopped walnuts, honey and cinnamon!
    Delish!
  • JennieBennie7
    JennieBennie7 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I add a chopped up banana, vanilla protein powder, original fiber one cereal and chopped walnuts for a yummy mock banana cream pie dessert.
  • the_great_unknown
    the_great_unknown Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I like to eat the single serving one that comes with honey. Yum.
  • MsJulesRenee
    MsJulesRenee Posts: 1,180 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    I like savory so I eat mine with oatmeal/cajun seasonings/pan fried portabello mushrooms. Or you can make sweet oatmeal with it and add slightly frozen fruit.

Graham crackers on the bottom, yogurt in the middle, sliced, very lightly pan fried bananas on top, tastes like a banana pie. You can add some cinnamon to the bananas when they are frying.

Fage is so much better than Chobani but costs more, which makes me sad :(
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    betuel75 wrote: »
    I eat an entire tub of fage 0%. Its 260 calories and like 46 grams of protein. I put liquid stevia sweetener in it and different flavors of water enhancer flavoring(like Mio) and mix it in the tub with a blender. So bomb!

Huh - I make my own yogurt at home and have been trying different things for flavoring, but hadn't thought of trying Mio. I already use Mio for water so might as well try it!
  • Talan79
    Talan79 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Thawed out frozen mixed berries. Two tablespoons of granola. I only like Fage. Less sour than any other brand.
  • lemmie177
    lemmie177 Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    I usually get the big tub of 0% fage and mix portions with whatever fruit is in season, lately pears and blueberries. Sometimes, I'll mix in some protein powder, honey, or slivered almonds. Agree that the Fage Total (full fat) is to die for! My absolute favorite is eating it plain with pomegranate arils. Can't wait until they're back in season!
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Go on Pinterest. Look up cookie dough Greek yogurt recipe. Save 350 cals in your day for it. Thank me later.
  • jadowns
    jadowns Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I get the fat-free Fage yogurt and put it in smoothies. It is delicious! And FULL of protien.