best diet????

Options
what works for you?

Replies

• MondayJune22nd2015
    Options
    Don't diet, just consume less Calories; than you burn!
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    the caloric deficit diet.....
  • katiedee2
    katiedee2 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    cut out sweets, fats etc. ? what is the best to cut back on, to stay in the right calorie count and be satisfied ?
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    the caloric deficit diet.....

+1

• dais718
    dais718 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Vegan
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,704 Member
    Options
    The one that you'll stick to FOR LIFE.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • MonkeyMel21
    MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    Eating the things I want to eat, just less of them.
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    There is no best way of eating. People throughout the world thrive on different dietary compositions and macro balances. Eat a combination of nourishing (body and soul) foods that makes you happy.

The only diet that works? Eating less calories than you burn.

Everything else is just noise.
  • valmaebel
    valmaebel Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    The one that you'll stick to FOR LIFE.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

This. Any elimination diet has a terrible success rate. You drop the fat, but then most people gain it right back. This has to be something you maintain for life. You can't eat the way you have been and lose weight. The best thing is to explore new, nutrient dense foods and find the ones you like. Don't focus on removing things from your diet. Focus instead on your purpose for eating something. Are you eating something just because it's a "treat"? I discovered many foods that didn't even taste that good but I considered them a treat so I ate them. I enjoy desserts. But flavorful and well prepared ones. I focus on getting plenty of proteins and healthy fats. I've tried a multitude of veggies to find the ones that I actually enjoy. It's a process and I learn and grow every day but I know I'll sustain it because I still enjoy eating.
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    katiedee2 wrote: »
    cut out sweets, fats etc. ? what is the best to cut back on, to stay in the right calorie count and be satisfied ?

The best thing to cut back on is calories. :bigsmile:
  • katiedee2
    katiedee2 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have tried and stayed on 1,200 calories for up to 3 months without much weight loss.
  • seells
    seells Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    The one you're going to be able to stick too. I do Keto for now. I'm a carb binge eater. Breads, pastas, chips, etc are my downfall. I've decided to cut them out while I work on my relationship with food. Since I don't feel I'm currently at a place where I would be able to eat them without going overboard I just don't eat them. It's a journey. Pretty much its consume less calories then you burn. How you want to consume those calories are totally up to you.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    what works for you?

A crap load of exercise. It allows much much looser rules on what the "right" foods are.
  • PJ3937
    PJ3937 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I just began the No-S Diet. (No Sweets, no Snacks, no Seconds--except on holidays or S days.) Great book. Most of the info. is at www.nosdiet.com for free. I hope to report at least 1lb a week minimum soon. :smiley:
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    I have tried and stayed on 1,200 calories for up to 3 months without much weight loss.

How much is not much to you and are you weighing all of your food?
  • MondayJune22nd2015
    Options
    PJ3937 wrote: »
    I just began the No-S Diet. (No Sweets, no Snacks, no Seconds--except on holidays or S days.) Great book. Most of the info. is at www.nosdiet.com for free. I hope to report at least 1lb a week minimum soon. :smiley:

You can lose a Pound a week, without the "No-S Diet"; I am. I just eat less, of everything; that I ate before.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Eating a ketogenic diet has improved my health and made it easier to eat at a caloric deficit so I can lose weight, it's also something I can see doing long term.
  • choppie70
    choppie70 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    I have not denied myself a thing when it comes to food in the past three months. I have had cheesecake, cookies, cake, and pizza in moderation. I have eaten lots of fruits and vegetables to help me maintain a diet between 1200 and 1500 calories each day (depending on exercise). I weigh everything that goes into my mouth and make sure I am drinking enough water. I have lost 22 lbs since June 21. You do not need a special diet (unless you have medical issues), just eat less calories than you burn.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I am used to the diabetic diet with the emphasis on balanced macros, vegetables, and whole grains. But that is for nutrition not weight loss. I steadily gained by eating an over abundance of nutritious foods.

You will lose by tracking and weighing portions. You will learn a lot by logging the foods you eat now. Some meals may surprise you for their caloric load.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    what works for you?
    The best diet for me is eating at a calorie deficit.

No diet will work if you eat more than you burn, and any diet will work if you eat at a calorie deficit. It's all about finding what works for you. :)