10% challenge

Options
I had a doctors appointment yesterday an was told I needed to loose 10% of my body weight in 12 weeks, not the best news to hear but I've taken it on as a challenge, so I need to lose 21 lbs in 12 weeks, anybdy else want to join me? Xx

Replies

• maggiemay530
    maggiemay530 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Losing 10% of my body weight was my initial goal here also. I am in week 8 (I think) and as of today have lost 9 of the 17 lbs I need to lose... It's been slow going and I haven't been as faithful as I "woulda-coulda-shoulda" been. So, if I buckle down and aim for the 12 week total, that's 8 lbs in the next 4 weeks... and I think that's do-able. Just thinking out loud here.

Anyway, You can do this in 12 weeks! A little over 1.5 lbs per week... and of course that will vary here and there but if you are disciplined, it can happen and your DR. will be so proud of you (Best of all, you will be too!) Wishing you the very best on meeting that 1st goal! I'm in with you! (12 week goal for me is now 16.4 lbs.)
  • LinziT123
    LinziT123 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Well done! I'm on day one and making a habit of logging what I eat ( and being honest about it haha!) But I also have to get my blood sugars powers as I have a glucose tolerance test in 2 weeks, so next Saturday I will log what I weigh on this post, let's get this party started!
  • maggiemay530
    Options
    Okay! I always weigh in on Saturdays, so I have flagged this post and will log my weight here then. Considering today day 1 for my new 10% challenge. Sent you a friend request.
  • LinziT123
    Options
    Friend request accepted! Anybdy else joining? X
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Why 12 weeks?
  • maggiemay530
    Options
    12 weeks sounds like a do-able goal and apparently one set by the op's M.D. / Might meet it sooner than 12 weeks.
  • LinziT123
    Options
    I chose 12 weeks as I have that time frame to lose my 10%
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    LinziT123 wrote: »

You profile says you have 25 pounds to go. It took me almost 6 months to lose 20 pounds. When you are close to your goal the weight comes off much slower. Just giving you a heads up.
  • LinziT123
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »

You profile says you have 25 pounds to go. It took me almost 6 months to lose 20 pounds. When you are close to your goal the weight comes off much slower. Just giving you a heads up.

Ah, I really need to change that!
  • renlewis170
    renlewis170 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    This is great. I decided to get serious about logging today and found your post. I'm in... I'm sending you a friend request.
  • LinziT123
    Options
    So what do you guys do for exercise? I'll admit I'm not a lover of the gym and feel the only thing that leaves me not feeling as if I'm gonna die is walking so my target for this week is an hours walking a day, has to be done!

Best of luck!
  • maggiemay530
    Options
    I walk too...That's it for now. Started a light lifting routine but haven't been faithful to it... Still wanting to incorporate that. That's great that you do an hour... good for you!
  • nsgmom04
    nsgmom04 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I will join in.
  • LinziT123
    Options
    How's everyone getting on? X
  • SoaresAlex
    SoaresAlex Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I need to loose 40 lbs. I feel tired and lazy. I feel this weird burning at the bottom of my feet. I think I must be pre-diabetic. I recently lost 30 lbs. and gained them right back. I'm so mad that I allowed myself to loose all the ground I had gained. I need to be disciplined about this. Maybe if I join your group, we can encourage each other.
  • LinziT123
    Options
    Hey guys how's everyone getting on? Having an early weigh in coz I'm busy tomorrow but managed to lose 5lbs this week ( I'd say a lot of that is water weight but still, quite happy with that!) Still a crazy long way to go but we'll get there! Xx
  • mividasalsa
    mividasalsa Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • JanolaBarbara
    JanolaBarbara Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    ooOOoo... I'm in! If I lose 10%, that'll be 17 lbs. Not sure if I can do that, but it is worth trying! At least I'll weigh less than I do now, and that's what's important.
    12 weeks from now is Dec 6.
    My current weight is 175.8 lbs. I will try to check in with you all regularly.

@LinziT123 : Congratulations! If you don't mind, I'll send you a friend request.
  • foss44
    foss44 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Can o still join? I'm in a challenge at work to lose 10 by December 23 and I would like some company on this journey. How do I join?
  • JanolaBarbara
    JanolaBarbara Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Hey guys how's everyone getting on? Having an early weigh in coz I'm busy tomorrow but managed to lose 5lbs this week ( I'd say a lot of that is water weight but still, quite happy with that!) Still a crazy long way to go but we'll get there! Xx

A loss is a loss, so congratulations!!