What size will i be i have no idea if you are 5,2 read this.

Options
I'm 5,2 my goal weight is 160 165 but i have no idea what size i will be but i want to get their and stay their so badly if you could give me even an idea of what size i will be in shirt size and bottom size it would be awesome so if your 5,2 and weigh 160 165 tell me the size your in thank you;D:D:D

Replies

• vixtris
    vixtris Posts: 688 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    I am 5'3.5" and I was wearing a 14 pants and M/L shirts at 160. Since you're a bit shorter, I'm going to guess about size 16 pants and L/XL shirts.

Also, check this site out. You can set a filter to see images of certain weight/height/pant size. http://www.mybodygallery.com
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    I second My Body Gallery. It will show you how different everyone people can look at the same height and weight. I can be fun and inspirational to look at where you will be!
  • Babbs1977
    Babbs1977 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    It really depends on your body composition. I'm just under 5'2" and weigh about 170, currently I'm in a size 8-10 with about an 85 lb weight loss. I run and lift heavy weights several times a week, so I'm a lot leaner than I should be for my weight.
  • NicoleMKlein
    NicoleMKlein Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I am 5' 2" and at 165 pounds now (still going) I am in size 8 jeans and shorts (some 6 if they have stretch) and medium shirts usually (some large)
  • oh_happy_day
    oh_happy_day Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Babbs1977 wrote: »
    It really depends on your body composition. I'm just under 5'2" and weigh about 170, currently I'm in a size 8-10 with about an 85 lb weight loss. I run and lift heavy weights several times a week, so I'm a lot leaner than I should be for my weight.

Me too. I'm 5'2 and 166lbs. I wear a USA size 8. Muscle mass for the win!
  • Justifier
    Justifier Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2" and a few years ago, I had a ton of success on MFP. I made a Success Story post which I will link here. Unfortunately, life presents challenges and I am now heavier than my starting weight on that post. I'm determined to get back to where I was! At my lowest weight I was fitting 12-14 pants and M-L shirts. I could fit into a S t-shirt, but it was a little tight.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/comment/7685734
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    If you have higher body fat, your measurements will be greater at the same weight
    compared to someone who has higher % muscle and lower body fat.

As long as you're in the healthy BMI range, don't worry too much. For your stated height, that's 105 - 130.
    http://www.shapeup.org/bmi/bmi6.pdf

While you're losing weight, keep up on the weightlifting to preserve muscle. You're unlikely to gain any, but you
    can keep what you already have. It's easier to keep than to get it back.

And I am struggling mightily not to violate the first half of the last sentence of community guideline 1a.
  • jojorocksforeva
    jojorocksforeva Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Justifier wrote: »
    I am 5'2" and a few years ago, I had a ton of success on MFP. I made a Success Story post which I will link here. Unfortunately, life presents challenges and I am now heavier than my starting weight on that post. I'm determined to get back to where I was! At my lowest weight I was fitting 12-14 pants and M-L shirts. I could fit into a S t-shirt, but it was a little tight.

That is so awesome i know you can and will get back their i have never even been in a size med or large ever in my adult life stuck in 2x 3x ugh boo i cannot wait to get to goal.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/comment/7685734

• neldabg
    neldabg Posts: 1,452 Member
    Options
    I'm pear shaped, and at 160-165 pounds, I wore size medium shirts for the most parts and size 14/16 pants.
  • vicky1947mfp
    vicky1947mfp Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    I was 5'2" and weighed 162.

I wore 12/14 pants and L shirts.

• Wsrivas19
    Wsrivas19 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm 5,2 and 167lbs I am pear shaped which means I have wide hips and a narrow waist along with broad shoulders and wide arms. My pant size is 12 misses and my top size is most medium but sometime large depending on the brand. Hope this helps!
  • amy102875
    amy102875 Posts: 38 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    I think I was in about a 10/12 at 160-165. I carry weight in my tummy though. I'm 142 now and between a 5/6 and 7/8. Shirt size probably a large, I'm big chested, currently a medium.
  • lx3tx
    lx3tx Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2.5". I weigh about 160 and wear a size 14 and medium top. Most of my fat is in my stomach.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    I was 5'2" and weighed 162.

I wore 12/14 pants and L shirts.

This. When I was 165 lbs, I was in 12/14 and L.

I'm 145 now and in 8/10 and M.

It's going to be dependent on your body type and how much muscle you have.
  • danaaae
    danaaae Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    When I was lifting regularly 155-160 was about a size 9/10 for me. I fell off...now at 160 I am wearing a tight size 12. So it depends on that that 160 consists of. I really need to get back on it...

I am almost 5'2
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    vixtris wrote: »
    Check this site out. You can set a filter to see images of certain weight/height/pant size. http://www.mybodygallery.com

^This. No two people at 5'2" and 160–165 lbs. will ever look the same. MyBodyGallery shows you real women at any size you want. Look at women who are your current weight and your goal weight.

You'll look more like the other women in your family than like any of us. Where the weight comes off is entirely determined by genetics. I'm 5'2", 112 lbs., and a comfortable size 8. At 154, I was a tight size 10.
  • hayley719
    hayley719 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2" and I weigh 168. I can wear a size large and x large shirt. I can wear a 12, 14, and a 16. It really just depends. I carry most of my weight in my midsection though.
  • minties82
    minties82 Posts: 907 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Depends what country you come from I guess, would help if you stated that?

My mother in law is 5'1.5", 68kg/150lbs and wears an NZ/UK/AUS size 16. I'm 4'11" and 168lbs and wear the same size (she gives me her clothes that she doesn't like). That is about a size 12 in the USA.

My mother is 5'2", 99lbs and in a size 6 NZ/UK/AUS, or a size 2 in the USA in some brands, and wears kids jeans most of the time.
  • Adc7225
    Adc7225 Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2" and right now I weigh 159.8 and I wear a 4 I can manage a 6 for bottoms but the waist is usually the problem and tops I prefer a 2. It is really hard to gauge what size you may wind up being, I thought at 150 I would be a 10/12 - things didn't work out that way :)

My goal weight is 146 but I hope to still be in a 2/4 without it looking sloppy, but with strength training I may not get to that weight and just find a happy place somewhere in the middle.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!