What healthy food have you (re)discovered?

Options
withchaco
withchaco Posts: 1,026 Member
What healthy food have you discovered, or re-discovered, after you started your diet?

(kind of a counterpart to those "what food did you give up" topics)

I've re-discovered my love for fresh strawberries. Yum! Also, garlic grilled salmon is very, very good. :heart:

Replies

• sbwood888
    sbwood888 Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    Zuchini (spelling??) I had never tried it raw before. Now I LOVE it raw in my salad. The taste is very mild, but the texture is really appealing when eaten raw. LOVE IT! :love:
  • kevinsherrell
    Options
    Water, LOL :)
  • Heatherbledsoe
    Heatherbledsoe Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    red bell peppers! i lovveeee stiry fry with brocolli asparagus, etc. but the bell peppers im in loveee with!
  • Heatherbledsoe
    Heatherbledsoe Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I know, right! I crave ice water, lol.
  • jennro7781
    jennro7781 Posts: 208
    Options
    Edamame!!! I didn't know that's what I was eating on the salad bar all these years! I thought they were lima beans!!! LOLOLOL!!!
  • julesandrich
    julesandrich Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Kefir. I saw it at the store but automatically assumed I would hate it. The strawberry kefir makes the best smoothies.
  • withchaco
    withchaco Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Water, LOL :)
    I used to drink LOTS of water throughout the day before, but for some strange reason, my water intake has gone down after I started. I need to rectify this...
  • wwhite94
    wwhite94 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    This may sound like it came from your gret- grandmother but Prunes and raisins.LOL I may be a grandmother but im still under 45 LOL
  • mapexdrummer69
    Options
    Reese puffs:-)

With milk, of course.
  • lizzil0
    lizzil0 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    grilled asaragus
    lightly steamed haricots vert
    jicama
  • pcteck2
    pcteck2 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Oranges and hard boiled eggs. And together they are a whopper of a breakfast or snack for what you get. A little protein, a little fat and carbohydrate. They can carry me a long way between meals.
  • electricnarwhal
    Options
    Zuchini (spelling??) I had never tried it raw before. Now I LOVE it raw in my salad. The taste is very mild, but the texture is really appealing when eaten raw. LOVE IT! :love:

I love zucchini! We used to grow it all the time at my dad's house. :) We liked to call it "nature's bread" because it's very filling!

I would say salads, for me. I mean, I've always loved salads, but they were just so plain and simple and I would go overboard with dressings... Now I love to add different things to them, like cucumbers, spinach, grape tomatoes, bell peppers or jalapenos, some seasonings, and just a tbsp of balsamic... Shake it all up in a container, and it coats everything perfectly.
  • victoria2288
    Options
    Grilled Chicken with Lemon.. haven't had it in years.. but omg forgot how much I loved it!
  • BlessedMomX2
    BlessedMomX2 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Turkey! I use turkey in substitution for anything I would normally use beef for, and it tastes so yummy! Better than beef if you ask me!
  • amymunn
    amymunn Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    cucumbers and tomatoes! just fresh veggies in general! im only 20 so i used to think ew veggies and fruits but not anymore! i love fresh veggies and fruit anytime of the day. people even make fun of me for it, but i tell them "i bet my body thanks me for it and yours hates you for that McDonalds you just ate." :]]
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    Broccoli and homemade shredded chicken breast (my low-sodium high-protein lunchmeat).
  • PoeRaven
    PoeRaven Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Strawberries and plain Greek yogurt! :heart:
    If you love peanut butter (which is very good for you but very heavy on calories) try a product called PB2. It is very healthy and very, very good!
    :drinker:
  • AriesGrl
    AriesGrl Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Oranges and hard boiled eggs. And together they are a whopper of a breakfast or snack for what you get. A little protein, a little fat and carbohydrate. They can carry me a long way between meals.

I Love hard boiled eggs which I never ate much of before and oranges with lite cool whip...yumm
  • mskisha1120
    mskisha1120 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    rice cakes great snack that curves hunger pains:smile:
  • PoeRaven
    PoeRaven Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    cucumbers and tomatoes! just fresh veggies in general! im only 20 so i used to think ew veggies and fruits but not anymore! i love fresh veggies and fruit anytime of the day. people even make fun of me for it, but i tell them "i bet my body thanks me for it and yours hates you for that McDonalds you just ate." :]]

Good for you! I too munch on fresh veggies and fruits throughout the day. My coworkers munch on candy, cookies, junk, junk, and more junk. They tease me about my "healthy" snacking but I often get compliments on how I look....The best part is how I feel! I'm 51+ years old and when others find that out about me...they are pretty surprised.
    So, just keep up with those fresh veggies and fruits and when you are in your 50's you will still look young and those McDonald junkies will be sooooo envious! :bigsmile: