German Volume Training

Options
If tere is anyone in this community thatwould like to discuss or learn about German Volume Training I would like to. GVT is a awesome way to have gains in strength and size.

Replies

• sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    My trainer has actually had me experimenting with this. The first time we did deadlifts and bench press. I spent 3 days afterwards feeling like I'd been hit by a bus...
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    My trainer has actually had me experimenting with this. The first time we did deadlifts and bench press. I spent 3 days afterwards feeling like I'd been hit by a bus...

Unnecessary single session volume.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    If tere is anyone in this community thatwould like to discuss or learn about German Volume Training I would like to. GVT is a awesome way to have gains in strength and size.

Discuss anything in particular?
  • DavPul
    Options

I have fun doing an occasional GVT day with bench. It'll be the only thing I do that day for chest so technically it's less sets than I'd typically do. Deadlift, however, isn't something I'd consider doing GVT with. It's not the sort of exercise I like to do in a manner where fatigue may compromise form.
  • williamdolce
    williamdolce Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I usually choose two exercises for each body part and do 10 sets and 10 reps. The guy that has recommended this training to me is a IFBB bodybuilder Guy Cisternino and he uses it when he prepping for contests.
  • DavPul
    Options
    I usually choose two exercises for each body part and do 10 sets and 10 reps. The guy that has recommended this training to me is a IFBB bodybuilder Guy Cisternino and he uses it when he prepping for contests.

So it was recommended by a very experienced lifter that's also on steroids. Keep that in mind before recommending it to regular folk
  • Ironmaiden4life
    Ironmaiden4life Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    GVT is great variable for intermediate ( 2 - 5 years constant lifting) and advanced lifters looking for hypertrophy gains but definately not for new lifters, the volume is just too much. IMHO it's not appropriate to run all the time and not good for anyone looking for strength gains. It's a great program when applied in the correct manner with specific goals in mind.
  • mike_bold
    mike_bold Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    GVT gave me no strength gains, a couple cm's in size and injured my shoulder with too much volume. I wouldn't do it again.