At my heaviest weight ever

Options
Just tired of being tired now about to put my actions into PLAY

Replies

• Patttience
    Patttience Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    Good luck. Make sure you enjoy the process. It's the secret to long term success in my experience.
  • rebeccawip
    rebeccawip Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    im at same point. best of luck to you. and patttience has a great point. i'm going to try. ive been really enjoying nice evening walks with my husband these last few days and enjoying cooking quick and easy fresh healthy meals. hope you can find (and keep) that kind of pleasure. i know it' often easy the first few days ...
  • 40DmBjunkie41
    40DmBjunkie41 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Me too MrsHebron. Last yr I was at 286 lbs. 254 lbs today but I didn't really get serious about losing the weight until recently (when I gained a support buddy - my son). Patttience has the right idea - enjoy the process. I feel the only way I'm gonna succeed at this is if this is a non-stressful process & w/support. FitnessPal helps to make this process more interesting. It makes me more aware of what I'm putting into my body. I think this is the best thing we could do for ourselves. Stay connected. Use it daily, & check in w/your supporters. Have you walked today? :blush:
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Best of luck, you can do this :)
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    I agree, enjoy the process because it's a long and winding road.

Enjoy learning, enjoy eating, enjoy moving, enjoy feeling better, enjoy the friends you make along the way, enjoy the unexpected twists and turns.

SW 301
    CW 196
    GW 150
    15 months
  • emmagrace0818
    emmagrace0818 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I'm in the exact same boat, add me if you want and good luck :)
  • kickstandup
    kickstandup Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Everyone has to come to a moment where they make the decision that enough is enough. Welcome aboard. Just make sure that you look at this as a lifestyle change, and not just a diet or a program. You can do this!
  • Bshmerlie
    Bshmerlie Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Everyone has to come to a moment where they make the decision that enough is enough. Welcome aboard. Just make sure that you look at this as a lifestyle change, and not just a diet or a program. You can do this!

I agree it's not a diet. This is just how you're gonna eat from now on. So you better enjoy it. If it's too hard you're doing something wrong.
  • MrsHebron
    MrsHebron Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Patttience wrote: »
    Good luck. Make sure you enjoy the process. It's the secret to long term success in my experience.
    Thanks a lot!!!!
  • MrsHebron
    Options
    rebeccawip wrote: »
    im at same point. best of luck to you. and patttience has a great point. i'm going to try. ive been really enjoying nice evening walks with my husband these last few days and enjoying cooking quick and easy fresh healthy meals. hope you can find (and keep) that kind of pleasure. i know it' often easy the first few days ...

That's so true! Thanks for the encouragement! Same to you best of luck on your lifestyle change
  • MrsHebron
    Options
    Me too MrsHebron. Last yr I was at 286 lbs. 254 lbs today but I didn't really get serious about losing the weight until recently (when I gained a support buddy - my son). Patttience has the right idea - enjoy the process. I feel the only way I'm gonna succeed at this is if this is a non-stressful process & w/support. FitnessPal helps to make this process more interesting. It makes me more aware of what I'm putting into my body. I think this is the best thing we could do for ourselves. Stay connected. Use it daily, & check in w/your supporters. Have you walked today? :blush:

I need to get better with checking this support group ... I haven't started the exercise part of it yet but this week I am....I just started a detox 6 days ago and I'm seeing great results. This will help me make better choices for this lifestyle change. I'm excited just taking one day at a time. Best of luck with your lifestyle change. Yes a lot of support is well needed on this journey
  • MrsHebron
    Options
    Best of luck, you can do this :)

Thx greatly appreciated ☺️
  • MrsHebron
    Options
    lorrpb wrote: »
    I agree, enjoy the process because it's a long and winding road.

Enjoy learning, enjoy eating, enjoy moving, enjoy feeling better, enjoy the friends you make along the way, enjoy the unexpected twists and turns.

SW 301
    CW 196
    GW 150
    15 months

Thx a lot I appreciate that!

• MrsHebron
    Options

Thx a lot
  • MrsHebron
    Options
    Bshmerlie wrote: »

I agree it's not a diet. This is just how you're gonna eat from now on. So you better enjoy it. If it's too hard you're doing something wrong.

Very true thanks !
  • rubywooed
    rubywooed Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Me too! I hit 300lbs and was like, nope, not going into the 3s on the scale! Biggest weight ever. So I decided I'm done feeling sorry for myself and doing something about it. I just started, so I love any support and help. The boards have been awesome! I know I have a long way to go and there will be up and downs but I'm not giving up!
    Anyone can add me as a friend if they like!
  • christinaleigh44
    christinaleigh44 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Good luck! it's a journey but it doesn't have to be a bad one. Just stick to it and watch the MAGIC happen :smiley:
  • brownbabe89
    brownbabe89 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Hi iv been doing fad diets over and over again. They work for some time but now I am also at my biggest weight iv ever been. We can do this!! Good luck
  • arussell134
    arussell134 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Oh man, I remember being there. I woke up one day and realized, shoot! I'm at my heaviest weight! Honestly, I had a good cry about it, then laced up my sneakers and got to work.

I did things in a REASONABLE and sustainable way - just ate at a slight deficit, started working out at my fitness ability and plodded ahead. I gave myself monthly goals to accomplish - it made it much more doable than facing the whole thing at once.

I'm pleased to say that I met my goal within 7 months... and I've kept it off for 9 months now! You can do it.