Zucchini noodles

Options
anetap2000
anetap2000 Posts: 116 Member
Do you have a good recipe for zucchini noodles?

Replies

• Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    Best website ever
    http://inspiralized.com/
  • Queenmunchy
    edited September 2015
    Options
    I make mine so many different ways from cheesy to scampi to Mexican (with taco meat) to buffalo to Greek to stir fry to noodle bowls to chicken noodle soup to just meatballs with marinara. Just swap out your noodles for zucchini noodles in any recipe.
    jc3swd7exwvt.jpg
    kosc5406q53k.jpg
    j1lnvdwz50cs.jpg
    8kzlbfnrn2at.jpg
    8l0e0o5pesuf.jpg
    zqrssv0vll9m.jpg
    qe8cawussrx5.jpg
    8biegjm5wh6m.jpg
  • amillenium
    amillenium Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I am obsessed with zoodles! I replace zoodles for rice or pasta to go with whatever my family is having for dinner...last night was zoodle pad thai, tonight is zoodles with turkey meat sauce (kids have rotini instead) and tomorrow they are having thai basil beef and I am having zoodles instead of the rice.
  • anetap2000
    anetap2000 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Wow. It looks awesome. I tried it yesterday and me and my family love it!
  • NicoleL874
    NicoleL874 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    Ok...gonna try. It was 2 recipes mushed together.

Creamy avocado "zoodles":
    Ingredients:
    2 zucchinis
    1/2 avocado
    1 clove garlic
    1 lime (juice and zest)
    1/2 cup cilantro
    1 tbs walnuts
    1tsp oil
    Water, start with 1/4c, more for thinner consistency

Use a mandolin, spiralizer, or julienne "peeler" to shred both zucchinis into strips.

Mix the rest of the ingredients in a blender/food processor. And water to get consistency of a creamy but not too thick sauce. Mix zoodles and sauce, chill.

Shrimp:
    1lb peeled shrimp
    Cayenne
    Onion powder
    Cumin
    Coriander
    Black pepper
    Whatever seasonings you have, want to use...I don't measure...
    Lime juice and zest of 1 lime
    1tsp olive oil
    Mix all together and marinate for at least 30 min, no more than 90 min

1tbs olive oil
    5 cloves of minced garlic

Heat 1 tbs oil in a large pan (if you don't have a pan big enough, do two batches. Don't crowd your shrimp!)
    When the oil is glistening dump in shrimp and garlic (or half, depending on your pan). Cook for about two minutes and flip. Make sure they are pink, but don't overcook.

Serve shrimp on zoodles.

Serves 2
  • SeanLives
    SeanLives Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    You guys are awesome! I've never heard of Zoodles before! I have just been logging to MFP for 51 days and thought I had to give up pasta altogether. I put my marinara sauce in the back of the freezer and froze it solid.

I don't have a spiralizer, do they sell Zoodles pre-made in stores? I can look online and get a spiralizer too I guess.

Any other great spiral recipes?

You are awesome!
  • NicoleL874
    NicoleL874 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    SeanLives wrote: »
    You guys are awesome! I've never heard of Zoodles before! I have just been logging to MFP for 51 days and thought I had to give up pasta altogether. I put my marinara sauce in the back of the freezer and froze it solid.

I don't have a spiralizer, do they sell Zoodles pre-made in stores? I can look online and get a spiralizer too I guess.

Any other great spiral recipes?

You are awesome!

You can use a mandolin on the julienne blade. Or, I forgot what it's called, but I have a little gadget that looks like a veg peeler, but has a different blade that juliennes. I got it on Amazon for a few bucks.
  • nixology
    nixology Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Oh, the avocado zoodles sound fab! I am so gonna try that. Thanks for sharing!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I think my spiralizer sucks. I never get cute noodles as you all. It's the Vegetti... pain to clean too and the bigger zucchinis don't even fit.
  • Queenmunchy
    Options
  • Yoyo_Fitness
    Yoyo_Fitness Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    It was fabulous but once I ate too much of it and I can never eat it again (so is my hubbie!) lol