"Skinny/Light" vs. "Whole"

Options
13»

Replies

• KourtneyLee
    KourtneyLee Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    auddii wrote: »
    I personally use a mix to help me reach my goals. I focus mostly on staying within calories and so will eat "low fat" versions of somethings to get there. Others, I make fit into my goal. One of the major ones is that I eat low fat greek yogurt; it's just too hard for me to personally get the full fat version to fit and still allow room for other treats.

That said, I go for full fat ice cream. :)

This. I have 2% milk, fat free Greek yogurt, light swiss cheese slices (because it was on sale), and then Kerrygold butter, gelato, and a sharp cheddar block. When I realize I've not been hitting my fat macros well enough I'll switch over to whole milk and grab a container of full fat Greek yogurt to boost it back up (but to be honest, I eat so much Greek yogurt I get the stuff at Costco because 2 tubs is the price of 1 whole milk one).

I too buy fat-free yogurt and low fat milk (skim-2%), but will never buy reduced fat cheeses or light sour creams etc. I suppose I will always be one to mix the two and continue buying a mix of "light" products in addition to plain and whole. I don't tend to personally watch my calories as much as macros - I think at this point I've got a good handle on cals, and will opt for fuller fats to meet them if I am under my fat macro as you do!