Is it just me or does anyone else notice

Options
People that have been "dieting" or working out etc. for all of 5 minutes want to hop on the forums and drop off all kinds of golden gems of advice and are never seen or heard from again. Are they just spammy mcspammers? overzealous? giving advice to others they really just need to hear themselves?

I just try to keep on keeping on, mostly keeping to myself. My fave is PM from "coaches" that can help me further my journey. (ummm I got this, thanks) I just seem to notice more here of late. Maybe I'M just bored. 3 day weekend LOL.

Replies

• pinkys008
    pinkys008 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Are you talking about me?
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    I hate that too. The mlm coaches are the worst. I like to tell them how much I hate low quality over priced junk and then I report them.

But yes then there's the people that claim to know everything , spread tons of misinformation then rage quit when they get called out.
  • pinkys008
    pinkys008 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    The only advice that really is bugging me is the bit about cico is the be all end all of eating healthy. You can lose weight on the Twinkie diet, that doesn't mean you are getting healthier. To some extent, you have to give your body what it needs, not just the cals.
  • zoeysasha37
    Options
    pinkys008 wrote: »
    The only advice that really is bugging me is the bit about cico is the be all end all of eating healthy. You can lose weight on the Twinkie diet, that doesn't mean you are getting healthier. To some extent, you have to give your body what it needs, not just the cals.

I don't think anyone ever said that eating all twinkies will make you healthier.
    For weight loss, yes it comes down to cico. For health, a well balanced diet is best. Nobody would say eating all twinkies is good for your health .
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options

I've actually never seen that one. I've seen CICO is what is important for weight loss, but I've never seen anyone say that it's all that matters in terms of health. What I typically see is CICO for weight loss/gain/maintain and Macro/Micro nutrients for health.
  • zoeysasha37
    Options

I've actually never seen that one. I've seen CICO is what is important for weight loss, but I've never seen anyone say that it's all that matters in terms of health. What I typically see is CICO for weight loss/gain/maintain and Macro/Micro nutrients for health.

People like to read too much into things. Nobody would ever say eating all Twinkies is good for your health .
  • sashayoung72
    sashayoung72 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Are you talking about me?
    LOL no! I guess the proverbial camel was someone giving advice about how to act at a social gathering and it sounding like they were trying to bolster themselves up to do it, and everyone else was basicallycommenting this is horrible!
  • sashayoung72
    sashayoung72 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    thorsmom01 wrote: »

People like to read too much into things. Nobody would ever say eating all Twinkies is good for your health .
    No but I know what they are saying, seems like the tide in convo will turn and those stupid twinkies get brought up. The ones getting on my nerves right now are the "tried and true" advice column crap that's in every magazine that people are starting these discussions with right now. I'm over here like what? who uses that anymore?

• zoeysasha37
    Options
    People seem to over complicate things here. Cico is an like an equation, calorie deficit for weight loss . calorie surplus for weight gain. Maintenance calories to maintain . its that simple. But then there's always going to be the person who tries to complicate that in some way.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    thorsmom01 wrote: »
    People seem to over complicate things here. Cico is an like an equation, calorie deficit for weight loss . calorie surplus for weight gain. Maintenance calories to maintain . its that simple. But then there's always going to be the person who tries to complicate that in some way.

This absolutely, all the frustration, hate, tears etc is all a bit bemusing.

Offering good advice should be dictated by how many posts you have, but you cna be sure if people post poor advice, then it will be pointed out.

The I'm a PT heres what you need to do people tend to post once get called to account for any poor advice and then you dont hear from them again.