how many calories to eat?

Options
I want to lose 100 lbs to be within a healthy weight range for me. I workout at a medium-high intensity 4-6 days a week. How should I know the number of calories to aim for each day? I know I want a 500 calorie deficit per day

Thanks for any insight and tips

Replies

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Not enough information provided for anyone to answer this. Input all of your stats and goals into MFP and they will give you your magic number.
  • seska422
    seska422 Posts: 3,217 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    When you input your info, put in that you want to lose one pound per week if you want to aim for a 500 calorie per day deficit.
  • BWBTrish
    BWBTrish Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    any were between 1200 and your maintenance level is a good start

the most important thing in weight loss is that you know as accurate as possible how much calories you really eat
    This is done by weighing all your solid food on a food scale.
    Do this for some weeks and see what happens

adjust and tweak along you go :)

Next to what MFP give you for calorie allowance eat a part of your burned/exercise calories back.
  • kittykarin
    kittykarin Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Put your info in MFP and it will tell you how much u should eat to lose at the rate you want. I also don't eat back my exercise calories usually. Some do, some don't but if you do and your not losing at the rate you like, you might be overestimating your exercise. I feel like my Runkeeper overestimates a lot. Good luck!! :-)
  • kaylaybanez
    kaylaybanez Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for the info!