Wasteland Weekend (Mad Max fest)!

Options
lilawolf
lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
There is a Burning Man style festival for post apocalyptic fans, particularly Mad Mad, but including Fallout 3, a bit of Walking Dead etc. Full costume is mandatory, bad @ss car and themed camping optional. We are going all out on our truck but less so on our camp site. Check it out here if you are interested: http://wastelandweekend.com/ (watch the intro video).

Anyway, I was wondering if any MFPers would be there! I'd love to have some people to hunt for that I have yet another thing in common with.

Replies

• lilawolf
    Options
    Oh lord. No way anything can be seen in the chit-chat section if it isn't related to posting something about the person above....
  • madhatter2013
    madhatter2013 Posts: 1,547 Member
    Options
    giphy.gif
  • Iscah13
    Iscah13 Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    I want in. My dog is going as dog meat.
  • lilawolf
    Options
    borst14 wrote: »
    I want in. My dog is going as dog meat.

Cool! Gotta love dog meat. It looks like he may have an even larger role in Fallout 4.

Do you have a themed camp site or car? Will this be your first WW?

• Iscah13
    Iscah13 Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    Oh I'm not actually going. But I wish I was :#
  • lilawolf
    Options
    It's going to be real hard to meet you then lol.
  • lilawolf
    Options
    Only 17 more days!
  • OneHundredToLose
    OneHundredToLose Posts: 8,523 Member
    Options
    Man, I've been wanting to go to Wasteland Weekend for a few years now. It's so cool, and caters exactly to my interests. When I finally do go, I want to buy an old car and outfit it like a post-apocalyptic war-wag and dress like a trader from the Deathlands series.
  • RhodeWarrior401
    RhodeWarrior401 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    WOW i love Fallout/Mad Max series!
  • OneHundredToLose
    Options
    Fallout's excellent. I know I'll be losing a week or two of my life when F4 comes out in November.
  • OneHundredToLose
    Options
    That...is absolutely *kitten* awesome. Well done.
  • lilawolf
    Options
    @OneHundredToLose We are building a Mad Max truck to go in as well as some bad a costumes. I'll take more pics when it's done. Why haven't you gone yet? We are a 14.5 hour drive away and we are going!

Yes, Fallout 4 is going to consume a LOT of time. I've been playing Witcher in the meantime which is good, but not quite as good as Fallout 3 was.
  • OneHundredToLose
    Options
    lilawolf wrote: »
    @OneHundredToLose We are building a Mad Max truck to go in as well as some bad a costumes. I'll take more pics when it's done. Why haven't you gone yet? We are a 14.5 hour drive away and we are going!

Yes, Fallout 4 is going to consume a LOT of time. I've been playing Witcher in the meantime which is good, but not quite as good as Fallout 3 was.

Honestly I don't have a good reason for not having gone yet. I guess I just want to do it right, not just go as an observer. I really want to do something Deathlands themed, as that's one of my favorite post-apocalyptic universes and I don't think it's too commonly cosplayed.
  • denversillygoose
    denversillygoose Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    I've just stumbled on this whole subculture while creating my Tour de Fat costume (bicycle Road Warrior). The BF and I may have to go sometime, especially now that I have a rad get up.
  • lilawolf
    Options
    lilawolf wrote: »

Honestly I don't have a good reason for not having gone yet. I guess I just want to do it right, not just go as an observer. I really want to do something Deathlands themed, as that's one of my favorite post-apocalyptic universes and I don't think it's too commonly cosplayed.

Looks like I have something to add to my reading list! Sounds very interesting. Sometimes you just have to do something even if it isn't perfect, so that you don't miss out on doing it at all. I am POSITIVE we will get there and see a hundred things we could have done better on both our truck and our costumes, but it's still going to be a blast.

On as side note, we are camping near Crater Lake and in Yosemite on the way down. I'm expecting some very interesting looks as we drive in in our truck :-p