Eating what you want

Options
-You can eat what you want regardless if it's healthy or not as long as you stay within your calorie target to lose weight
- Or you should eat clean all the time in order to lose weight
Which one is better or does it matter?

Replies

• TheBeachgod
    TheBeachgod Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    As far as losing weight goes it doesn't matter.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    For weight loss, all that matters is a calorie deficit
    For overall health, a well balanced diet is recommended
  • seska422
    seska422 Posts: 3,217 Member
    Options
    There's no reason that it has to be all one way or all the other way.

I eat the foods I want to eat in moderation. I aim for 80% of calories from nutrient-dense foods and 20% from treats.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    As far as losing weight, staying under your calories is what does it. No amount of clean eating will result in a loss if you're eating more than your maintenance level.

• hotasfire36
    hotasfire36 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    It does not matter. Just stay within your calorie limit
  • DanniB423
    DanniB423 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    seska422 wrote: »
    There's no reason that it has to be all one way or all the other way.

I eat the foods I want to eat in moderation. I aim for 80% of calories from nutrient-dense foods and 20% from treats.

^ Yes.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Panone2 wrote: »
    -You can eat what you want regardless if it's healthy or not as long as you stay within your calorie target to lose weight
    - Or you should eat clean all the time in order to lose weight
    Which one is better or does it matter?

Depends on your goals.

I don't have any goals that would require me to give up all processed food (and processed food is a really broad and varied category). I do have goals that mean that I mostly want to eat nutrient-dense food and an overall healthy diet and for me that's most rewarding and easiest when I also focus on things like local, in-season produce and cooking from whole foods a lot (but I like good restaurants too and convenience is sometimes a positive, however one defines that). I don't see any of this as inconsistent with eating what I want, though -- I enjoy and want to eat nutrient-dense foods.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    "Clean" and "healthy" are meaningless terms made up by marketers.
    Eat what you want. Look for things that are lower in calories or in smaller portions than the items you used to eat. :)
    Some people lower calories and portion sizes by cooking a few more meals from home than the used to eat.
  • GreenValli
    GreenValli Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    thorsmom01 wrote: »
    For weight loss, all that matters is a calorie deficit
    For overall health, a well balanced diet is recommended

I agree with you!

70044776.png
  • ScottDowell
    ScottDowell Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Well for weight loss a balanced diet is required with good workout routine.
    Regenon pills work for me with my healthy diet plan and workout routine.
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    Well for weight loss a balanced diet is required with good workout routine.
    Regenon pills work for me with my healthy diet plan and workout routine.

No. A calorie deficit is required for weight loss. Nothing else.
  • ntinkham88
    ntinkham88 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I recommend eating healthy. You may only need a calorie deficit to lose weight but what you eat effects the way you feel. Eat healthy and you'll have more energy, should be able to sleep better, and feel better overall. Not to mention all the health benefits. I know a ton of people who were able to go off various medications when they started to eat healthy. It's important for your body!
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    ntinkham88 wrote: »
    I recommend eating healthy. You may only need a calorie deficit to lose weight but what you eat effects the way you feel. Eat healthy and you'll have more energy, should be able to sleep better, and feel better overall. Not to mention all the health benefits. I know a ton of people who were able to go off various medications when they started to eat healthy. It's important for your body!

Can you define "eating healthy"?
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options

Which of her two options is "eating healthy"?

I'd argue that one could "eat healthy" doing both and "unhealthy" doing both.
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options
    cityruss wrote: »

Can you define "eating healthy"?

Pizza, crisps, pop tarts, cheez-it's, chocolate bars, bagels, donuts Processed cheese - all in moderation of course