Huge Life Changes

So I was active here some time ago. I lost about 40 pounds logging and working out heavily.

But then the poo kind of hit the fan, and I had to hit the reset button on life. I lost my job, got a divorce, and then, since my life was pretty much starting over, I opted for a radical change in scenery, and moved to Zhengzhou, Henan Province, Peoples Republic of China.

I had maintained my weight loss pretty well, despite stopping working out, and stopping strictly counting calories. Stress and Irritable Bowel Syndrome may not be pleasant, but they are good for the waistline I suppose.

The changes since coming to China (I've been here a little over a month now) are crazy. I have stopped taking the anti-depressant I was on for years, as I am actually happy for a change and don't need it. The IBS is gone (thank God. I've you've seen a Chinese toilet, you understand).

I have lost about 15 pounds since coming here. Even people that I just met when I got here are commenting. My clothes, mostly bought right before I got here, are falling off me. I guess switching from an American diet of pizza and hamburgers to an Asian diet of noodles and rice has been good. Not to mention, not owning a car, I walk everywhere. Roughly 10-15 miles a day. Haven't even found a gym. Probably won't, until winter hits, and walking outside becomes unpleasant. For now, exploring the city is both fun, and exercise, so I'll stick with that.

No need to count calories. Not that I could if I wanted to. I rarely even know what is in my food here. I have by and large become vegetarian, as the sanitation, or lack thereof, kind of puts me off of meat here.

Anyway, I get messages from my MFP friends occasionally wondering what happened to me. Figured I'd drop by and say hello.

Replies

• ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    So what are you tying to say? You're a commie?
  • dougpconnell219
    dougpconnell219 Posts: 566 Member
    ncboiler89 wrote: »
    So what are you tying to say? You're a commie?

No no no. I'm a sellout. They pay well, and stuff is cheap here. I'm not a commie but I will happily work for them and take their money.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Congratulations on your weight loss, good luck in your new country :)
  • BrianaDuBois
    BrianaDuBois Posts: 48 Member
    Sounds like an excellent change. Firmly supporting the lifestyle overhaul you've done as it really sounds fun (minus gross toilets and questionable meat)
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    edited September 2015
    Sound amazing! I'm glad you're feeling good!
    What do you so for protein without the meat?
    Also, how the air pollution where you are?
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Sounds great!
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Sound amazing! I'm glad you're feeling good!
    What do you so for protein without the meat?
    Also, how the air pollution where you are?

I think their meat is a little more domesticated, but it would still count as protein. Shiver*****