For those that wake up early, how do you get yourself up?

Options
2»

Replies

• OneHundredToLose
    OneHundredToLose Posts: 8,523 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I've never had a problem waking up in the morning. I just get out of bed as soon as I wake up during the week, that way I'm not tempted to lounge or fall back asleep. I also only give myself 40 minutes from the time I wake up until I'm out the door, so that keeps me on track.

As soon as I wake up I take a cold shower, which gets rid of any residual sleepiness. I then eat something small and head to work. On weekends, I'll often wake up and lay in bed for half an hour or more, reading or browsing the internet to wake up at my leisure.
  • DrFever100
    DrFever100 Posts: 5,899 Member
    Options
    I started turning off my phone alarm and alarm clock in my sleep.

so.....

I set up an alarm in the room where I physically have to get out of my bed and walk about 6 feet to turn it off.
  • mohnish_behera
    mohnish_behera Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Watch Robin Sharmas video on YouTube how to wake up early.....
    I followed him works for me..he explains in detail d pros of getting up early and also gives tips on that.....
  • Mishy
    Mishy Posts: 1,551 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    I think I've always been a morning person so getting up at 4 isn't difficult most days. The flip side of that is by 9:30 in the evening I'm like "don't even look at or talk to me." :-)

My suggestions are as soon as your alarm goes off to get out of bed and stay out, turn on lights, start moving around, and do some stretches or yoga.
  • priscillam31
    priscillam31 Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    I use the alarm on my phone..I have a back up alarm set for 20 mins later just in case..i have been waking up at 4:20 for so long..most days I am awake a few mins before my alarm goes off..
  • Sparky_1113
    Sparky_1113 Posts: 2,886 Member
    Options
    I always wake up 10 mins before my alarm goes off, but I keep it on just in case. LOL
  • girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    Options
    I've been getting up to go for a walk in the mornings lately. My alarm goes off, and by the time the snooze alarm comes around, I'm already dressed and ready to walk out of the door. Before I started doing this I would do the gradual wake-up thing. ignore the alarm until it snoozed once, then turn the light on and check my emails. Finally I'd have to race around and shower and try and get to work vaguely on time.

I realised that by getting up straight away and going for a walk, five/ten minutes into the walk I was starting to wake-up, then halfway through I was wide awake and feeling fresh - far fresher than if I'd rolled around in bed in a vain attempt to wake up. I am now getting to work on time, and feel great. And my alarm doesn't go off any earlier than it did before.

Forget the snooze button, leave your alarm far enough away that you have to physically get out of bed to reach it, then do some gentle exercise. Make sure you get a reasonable amount of sleep - recent studies have shown that people who sleep less than six hours are more susceptible to colds and illnesses. Sleep is vital for health and weight-loss.
  • tryclyn
    tryclyn Posts: 2,414 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    You just do it. Blast your alarm and when it goes off, don't turn it off and just get up. Go to bed at a reasonable time.

I wish it was that easy.. Not an ounce of thought goes into turning the alarm off, I do it automatically in my sleep. And then when I wake up I realize what I did.

put your alarm across the room so you have to get up to turn it off.

Sounds good in theory. I used to have to climb a ladder to get in and out of bed. I'd still hit snooze and climb back up to sleep.

Try varying the snooze if you have that setting. What works for me now is the five dogs that want to go out at 10:30 pm.
  • Jokersurv
    Jokersurv Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    My motivation is I need my job. It's get up or be unemployed
  • Iscah13
    Iscah13 Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    All you need is a hungry cat.
  • therealklane
    therealklane Posts: 2,172 Member
    Options
    My dog likes to beat his giant tail on my bed, dresser, anything in his path to wake me up. I don't even need an alarm anymore. :joy: Can't ignore the happy tail and hungry belly of a golden retriever. At least he's cute.
  • PewterSky
    PewterSky Posts: 9,224 Member
    Options
    I usually wake up without an alarm after I've had 7 hours of sleep but I don't always get to sleep 7 hours and sometimes I go to bed really late. In that case, I set up an alarm on my phone and set up a wake up call via my friends living in different time zones @Michael_Lucas @sunn_lighter :*
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    I open my eyes and if it's at least 5AM o:) I'm up. The only time I had a problem waking up was when I had a job I hated and was trying to stay in it until I got vested so I could quit. They finally fired me, but vested me so I wouldn't sue them. ;)
  • Snow__White
    Snow__White Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    I have a tiny person who wakes me up at 5 am every day. Sometimes he screams, sometimes he just sneaks up and jumps on me. Sometimes if he's still sleepy he lays on my face, smothering me.

He also wakes me up at 2 am sometimes, just in case I'm getting too much sleep.

You're welcome to borrow him whenever you want.

Ha ha me too,but he doesn't climb on my face till after 7 lol
    He also does the 2am wake up sometimes,but only if I'm really tired or just falling asleep
  • jaxass
    jaxass Posts: 2,128 Member
    Options
    How do I do it? Ummm...I open my eyes. I have a responsibility to myself and my children to provide for them mentally, emotionally and financially. I wake up at 5:00 to be at the gym by 5:30. Then back home to shower and cook breakfast. I leave at 7:45 to be at work by 8:00. I don't get home until sometimes 8:00 or so, but will be in bed a little before 10:00 and repeat all over again.

In other words...it's a choice. I choose to awaken early and start the day. I'll sleep more than enough when I'm dead.