Exercises and tips to emprove tummy tone

Options
Please can anybody advise me on exercises or tips to help tone my tummy. After 4 kids it was pretty bad when i realised i couldnt even tense them! I joined a belly dance class 9 months ago and have come so far, i can hold my own in the class but i still have a lot of fat there and would like to strenghten them more so i have better stamina when belly dancing. I am using mfp to watch intake and generally lose weight and its going well.

Replies

• AdrianCosbyComedy
    Options
    Good luck! I have done some research in this area as I have a tummy tone zone issue myself. What I have learned is that it's 95% diet related. I.e. your stomach muscles won't bulk up and show through fat. If you want the midsection toned, exercise will help, but you must burn off that fat. Targeting the abs will make you feel better but they won't show up until you lose the excess. Interval training, squats, weight training etc... Are good workouts for fat burning. Cheers!
  • flowersofhelady
    flowersofhelady Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I will have a look into interval training i have not heard of that before
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,708 Member
    Options
    Just about any ab exercises will help to condition the muscle underneath. Leg lifts (of just about any type) are usually avoided because of the difficulty. Add those if you aren't doing them now.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png