Re-starting

Options
kfm6
kfm6 Posts: 146 Member
i am trying to break through my plateau. I've slowly lost 30 pounds over many months. However, I have been at 255 for months now. Some weeks down a pound or two - other weeks up a pound or two. I'm working out but binge eating a couple times a week seems to kill any progress. I am looking for some helpful suggestions on how to get back on track losing the weight. I am 6'3" and want to reach 225 pounds.

Thanks,
KFM

Replies

• in_faith
    in_faith Posts: 42 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Keep researching and keep working on making your entire environment and lifestyle suited for healthy living. I tend to think that church, counseling, healthy community of people, Whole 30 / clean eating, exercise (including lots of walking), great supplements are beneficial. Sometimes you may also need to remove yourself from high stress environments (even if that is work) to take your health back. It's not impossible, as I once thought. It simply takes prayer and working out the details of plan on paper.

Looking for new friends, so anyone please add me and me you.

Best wishes and blessings to you.
  • Mishy
    Mishy Posts: 1,551 Member
    Options
    Plateaus are so frustrating and disappointing. Consider changing your work outs, add more weight training and stretching/yoga, change up your calories and foods. Also, spend some time learning more about binge eating. Don't quit!
  • brdnw
    brdnw Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    it's just about being consistent. Lessen your bad days, increase your good days, stay in a calorie deficit. Ideally lift 4+ times a week, do 15 minutes of HIIT cardio 3-4 days a week and you'll lose 60lbs in 6-7 months. At least that's how i went from 265 to 200 (285 at my peak).
  • kfm6
    Options
    in_faith wrote: »
    Keep researching and keep working on making your entire environment and lifestyle suited for healthy living. I tend to think that church, counseling, healthy community of people, Whole 30 / clean eating, exercise (including lots of walking), great supplements are beneficial. Sometimes you may also need to remove yourself from high stress environments (even if that is work) to take your health back. It's not impossible, as I once thought. It simply takes prayer and working out the details of plan on paper.

Looking for new friends, so anyone please add me and me you.

Best wishes and blessings to you.

Very good advice. Thank you - kevin
  • kfm6
    Options
    Mishy wrote: »
    Plateaus are so frustrating and disappointing. Consider changing your work outs, add more weight training and stretching/yoga, change up your calories and foods. Also, spend some time learning more about binge eating. Don't quit!

Mishy,

Thanks. I lift twice a week and do aerobic another 2 to 4 days a week. I like the changes I see from lifting. I want to see more pounds off. I had a good weekend. I didn't binge, had two bike rides (24 & 27 miles) and a 2.5 mile walk (I'm not a runner). I'll be on the scale tomorrow and hope to see improvement.

• kfm6
    Options
    brdnw wrote: »
    it's just about being consistent. Lessen your bad days, increase your good days, stay in a calorie deficit. Ideally lift 4+ times a week, do 15 minutes of HIIT cardio 3-4 days a week and you'll lose 60lbs in 6-7 months. At least that's how i went from 265 to 200 (285 at my peak).

Thanks. I've added weights and I'm happy with the early results.