Is too much fruit bad for a diet

Options
hanalou1992
hanalou1992 Posts: 30 Member
edited September 2015 in Health and Weight Loss
zh4cfrptyfan.jpg
I'm unsure if I'm eating too much fresh fruit I use this after my lunch and dinner as something that is satisfying me

Replies

• callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    as long as it fits in your calories, no.

but that would go for anything. LOL
  • whiteblossom14
    whiteblossom14 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    If you eat it as it comes I would say no. But I do know that if you put it in a smoothly or cook it. It adds extra calories as the sugar increases
  • hanalou1992
    Options
    Haha I know I added my fruit intake today and it says I'm having too much sugar but these are natural sugars it's not like I'm having over filling bowls just half a bowl size with a fat free yoghurt :)@callsitlikeiseeit
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    If you are sensitive to carbs, yes.

This is the point of tracking...over time, you will see what does and does not work or your body.

Are you going over your sugar limit?
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    as long as youre not diabetic or have other sugar related issues, carb and sugar counts don't matter.
  • yogacat13
    yogacat13 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    If you eat it as it comes I would say no. But I do know that if you put it in a smoothly or cook it. It adds extra calories as the sugar increases

No. This is not true. Putting an apple (or any other fruit) in a blender does not cause it to gain calories. Cooking it only adds calories if you add them as another ingredient. First law of thermodynamics: energy can be transformed from one form to another, but cannot be created or destroyed.
  • hanalou1992
    Options
    I've had a bowl after my salad this afternoon which contained lettuce half a yellow pepper and a small bit of red onion and for my tea I had a stuffed red pepper containing 1 small chicken breast and a small had full of white onion with some lettuce on the side, but after both of these meals I have had a small bowl of fruit with a fat free yoghurt :)@azulvioleta6
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    If it's too much, it means it's bad. How much do you think is enough? Eat that.
  • wald86
    wald86 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Good point i was thinking the same, iv cut my fruit down a little because of the sugar
  • hanalou1992
    Options
    I wouldn't say I have a lot maybe 5raspberrys cut in half ,1/2 a apple, hand full of grapes and blueberrys, maybe I should have one bowl of these a day rather than two @wald86 @kommodevaran
  • cnbbnc
    cnbbnc Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    I had been steering clear of fruit but I'm adding back about 2 servings a day. Sugar isn't the only thing to consider IMO because fruit is so rich in vitamins, minerals, fiber.
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    Yes, hence the term "too much"
  • wald86
    Options
    I wouldn't say I have a lot maybe 5raspberrys cut in half ,1/2 a apple, hand full of grapes and blueberrys, maybe I should have one bowl of these a day rather than two @wald86 @kommodevaran

I realised that grapes were quite sugary, gutted cos there my favourite! Try an eat alot of melon now!
  • hanalou1992
    Options
    cnbbnc wrote: »
    I had been steering clear of fruit but I'm adding back about 2 servings a day. Sugar isn't the only thing to consider IMO because fruit is so rich in vitamins, minerals, fiber.
    I would say that is the only form of sugar I mainly have I don't have any in drinks even juice I have no added sugar

• maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options

How is that even possible? :huh:
  • hanalou1992
    Options
    wald86 wrote: »

I realised that grapes were quite sugary, gutted cos there my favourite! Try an eat alot of melon now!
    No way grapes are sugary I could cry now they are my favs : :'( , is watermelon ok? That's the only melon i like
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    I've never heard of fruit being 'bad' for you.
    Of course - make sure it stays within your allowance :)
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    wald86 wrote: »

No way grapes are sugary I could cry now they are my favs : :'( , is watermelon ok? That's the only melon i like

It doesn't matter. None of this matters. Unless you are diabetic and need to limit your carb/sugar intake you simply need to focus on staying within your calories. Period. You could eat your entire calorie allotment in fruit and still lose weight. (You don't want to do that because not super healthy but you would lose.)
  • wald86
    Options
    @hannahlou1992 i know i was so peed off! I was eating a full punnet a day haha! Any melon is fine, its basically water! I prefer honeycomb
  • Lorleee
    Lorleee Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I keep my fruit servings to 2-3 per day maximum and strive to fill up on more veggies rather than more fruit, but as others have said, it's all about the calories so do what works for you.