Carbs & Sugar??

Options
I'm really just searching for different food that has healthy fats & protein but not a lot of carbs... Any ideas???

Replies

• melodicraven
    melodicraven Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    chicken, eggs, fish, whole fat dairy, avocados. :)
  • votkuhr
    votkuhr Posts: 276 Member
    Options
  • betuel75
    betuel75 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    blue cheese, gornonzola cheese, feta cheese, olives, olive oil
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Build your meals around meat with some fat and veggies.
    For example, for dinner make baked chicken thighs with one plate of roasted yellow squash. For breakfast, have bacon and eggs with two sliced cucumbers.

Add lots more vegetables to your days: romaine, spinach, swiss chard, collards, kale, cabbage, mushrooms, avocados, okra, cucumbers, green beans, cauliflower, broccoli, bell peppers, yellow squash, zucchini, Brussels sprouts, cauliflower, broccoli, snow peas, egg plant, spaghetti squash.
    Eat nuts like almonds and macadamia nuts and peanuts. Also consider seeds like pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, flax seeds, chia seeds, hemp seeds.
  • ScottDowell
    ScottDowell Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Eggs, fish, veggies, sprouts and nuts etc. would be great, fish is really healthy rich in proteins and many essential nutrients.
  • Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Options
    Macadamia nuts....mmmmmmm....
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Just avoid starches, like foods that come from grains and flours like bread, rice, potatoes, muffins, and foods with added sugars. Berries are the lowest sugar fruits, the others can have quite a bit of carbs.

That leaves meat, seafood, eggs, nuts, avocados, veggies, full fat dairy (heavy cream, butter, ghee, and cheese), coconut cream or flakes.... And bacon. :)
  • Primetime5k
    Primetime5k Posts: 46 Member
    Options

Wow thanks guys! This just helped a lot!
  • hanalou1992
    hanalou1992 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I'm really just searching for different food that has healthy fats & protein but not a lot of carbs... Any ideas???
    I'm currently trying this, I've read that just eating meat, veg, fruit, nuts, eggs, cheese. But then I've had a fat free yoghurt with my fruit not realising that it has high healthy carbs in according to this app :)

• nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    I'm currently trying this, I've read that just eating meat, veg, fruit, nuts, eggs, cheese. But then I've had a fat free yoghurt with my fruit not realising that it has high healthy carbs in according to this app :)

Almost everything labeled low fat or no fat will be high in carbs. It's a phrase to avoid if one wants to really reduce carbs.... It's odd getting used to that. LOL
  • domgibson88
    domgibson88 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Im all about qinoa...its not very good by Itself so I add spices, veggies and avacado...also I make this dish where I cook a cup of qinoa, put it in a baking dish with 2 chicken breasts, pour a can of mushroom soup over top (not condensed soup..the bigger ready to go cans) and some shredded chedder cheese over top and bake on 350 for an hour.