I have 100 pounds to lose!

Options
I got this 100 pound demon sitting on my stomach.. I know right? I have been feeding this rascal for some time...but now its war!
I have been working out like its going out of style, eating paleo, and tracking my calories.. Its working. Lost 6.4 pounds week 1, and not slowing down!
I have set up mini-goals for myself and have friends that I am competing with for %weight loss (like in the biggest loser show).. I am motivated, determined, and will totally hit my goal weight and be fit in short order.

Feeling pretty peppy this morning!
Good luck to you all! Keep motivated, if I can get started and start to see success so can you!

Replies

• supershaz12
    supershaz12 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi James. I'm in the same boat. I'm starting at 270 lbs and have *over* 100 lbs to lose. ......it's somewhere between 100 and 130 lbs .....but lose the first 100 and then see what I look like. Happy to connect with you and other MFP buddies in the same boat. It's my week one on MFP.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    The best advice I can give you is some I received at the beginning: remember that you are not making a big change in your life, you are making a series of small changes. Change one thing for a short while until it becomes close to a habit, then add another, and another.

I started just by eating regular meals of healthy food. Then I started counting calories and paying attention to my macros. Then I did a water aerobics class 3 x a week. Then I started walking. Then I started swimming. By 9 months in, I was doing all of this on a regular basis and it is working:
    58841349.png
  • clg858
    clg858 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I just came back this morning and NEED to loose this weight. I have around 100 pounds to loose as well. Had a knee replacement 3 years ago and thought I would be more active. Had a lot of nerve damage during that surgery so here I am at the same weight. Just turned 57 and want my life back. Started swimming last month and now it is time to eat right. Would love to get and give motivation!
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your losses so far! :D
  • HeatherCarnes76
    HeatherCarnes76 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I know how you fewl! I have lost over 100 and want to lose about 60-70 pounds
    Keep it up!! Congratulations on your weight loss so far.
  • OneHundredToLose
    OneHundredToLose Posts: 8,523 Member
    Options
    I'm also trying to lose 100lbs. Add me if you want, we can help each other along.
  • rosanna88_
    rosanna88_ Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I have about 130lbs to lose and am starting paleo tomorrow. Wish me luck!!
  • bklyngal72
    bklyngal72 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I started 4-1-15 and have lost 65 lbs already. I have another 100 to go. I work out every day and some days are better than others. You can do it. It's a change in eating and portion control. I stay away from soda and my 600lvs life is a great motivator
  • dfwbeat
    dfwbeat Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Same here- would like to loose 50lbs at least but 100lbs would be awesome! Keep up the good work!
  • gramarye
    gramarye Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    earlnabby wrote: »
    The best advice I can give you is some I received at the beginning: remember that you are not making a big change in your life, you are making a series of small changes. Change one thing for a short while until it becomes close to a habit, then add another, and another.

I started just by eating regular meals of healthy food. Then I started counting calories and paying attention to my macros. Then I did a water aerobics class 3 x a week. Then I started walking. Then I started swimming. By 9 months in, I was doing all of this on a regular basis and it is working:

As a fellow been-there-done-that person (I'm not quite at 100 pounds lost yet), I'd agree with all of this. I also highly recommend examining your eating habits from before you changed your diet, especially if you don't plan to live paleo. (More power to anyone who does! I had a friend who was paleo for a time, and group meal times were a challenge; I admire the determination of anyone who handles a specialized diet day-to-day.) I had a lot of destructive eating habits, and being aware of that has really helped me avoid any major setbacks in the time I've been using MFP. They happen -- I'm coming out of a very high calorie week, which is still lower than my averages when I logged prior to creating a deficit -- but knowing what's going on helps me beat it. :)
  • jsmestflowers
    jsmestflowers Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the kind words all! Looking forward to losing with you all!
  • jsmestflowers
    Options
    Goal for the week is to walk my three miles at a 3 speed with no lowering it! Almost did it yesterday. When I hit that I am going to add an incline 1.
  • jsmestflowers
    Options
    I am still fighting the demon, and I am still winning!