Goal of Losing 55 Pounds by end of year

Options
I'm looking for all the Motivation and Support I can get as I've set some goals for myself and I'm going to push myself hard to meet those goals by the end of the year so I need all the motivation and support I can get so I stay on track and not give up as I know I can do this. My goals are to lose 55 pounds by the end of the year, drink more water and less soda, logging everyday, and etc. Please feel free to add me as a friend and I will do the same in return.

Replies

• FindingMyself92
    FindingMyself92 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    You may add me if you want. I have the same weight loss goal as you :)

My app is laggy for adding people
  • AZnewbie00
    AZnewbie00 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    txfitness1878 what have you been doing to lose the weight? I am currently at the same as your starting weight. I would LOVE to lose 55 lbs by the end of the year. Any advise? I just joined a gym last week but I am so nervous to go by myself.
  • seska422
    seska422 Posts: 3,217 Member
    Options
    That's 16 weeks and 4 days. Your current weight (according to your profile) is 210 pounds. The absolute max you should aim to lose is 33 pounds by the end of the year (2 pounds per week) and that's still high because weight is harder to lose the closer to your goal that you get.

Weight loss is a marathon, not a sprint. Don't be disappointed if you don't get close to 55 pounds by the end of the year. Any weight loss is a victory.
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    seska422 wrote: »
    That's 16 weeks and 4 days. Your current weight (according to your profile) is 210 pounds. The absolute max you should aim to lose is 33 pounds by the end of the year (2 pounds per week) and that's still high because weight is harder to lose the closer to your goal that you get.

Weight loss is a marathon, not a sprint. Don't be disappointed if you don't get close to 55 pounds by the end of the year. Any weight loss is a victory.

This! :)
  • dquik
    dquik Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Count me in!
  • dontgiveup2319
    dontgiveup2319 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Agreed! The slower you lose weight the easier it is to keep it off.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    I'm looking for all the Motivation and Support I can get as I've set some goals for myself and I'm going to push myself hard to meet those goals by the end of the year so I need all the motivation and support I can get so I stay on track and not give up as I know I can do this. My goals are to lose 55 pounds by the end of the year, drink more water and less soda, logging everyday, and etc. Please feel free to add me as a friend and I will do the same in return.

How did you set that goal? 55lbs in months is c 3.5lbs a week, which would require you to create a deficit of c 1750 calories every day. Have you thought how you will achieve that? Imo its unrealistic, unhealthy and could lead to a lot of frustration for you as you fail to meet those targets. Do you have some reason to think you cna make that target? Part of successful weight loss is cinsistenccy and being able to sustain your effort from behinning to end. 1lb a week would be much more realistic, you may even lose more.
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Not a realistic goal. You are almost certainly setting yourself up for failure. Sorry I can't join you. I do hope you have real success where you log in every day and stick to your calorie goals from now until the end of the year. :)
  • LoveRedberries
    LoveRedberries Posts: 28 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    @txfitness1978 if you believe that you can put in the work to meet your goal, go for it. There is definitely no need to have a grasshopper mentality. Always dream big. Envision yourself in your new body. Believe that you can meet your goal an keep it off permenently. Believe in yourself even if no one else does. Surround yourself with positive and like minded people. Don't talk yourself out your dreams. Know that it will take complete dedication and commitment and true lifestyle change., Live laugh dream and love. The only reason most have their weight to come back is due to never truly making a lifestyle change. Be active regularly and use every thing in moderation. Its really the mindset that gets us all. Mind over matter. Blessings to you . peace
  • fitdragon78
    fitdragon78 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Yes that is very true I'm not going to let my mind so no to more exercise when u get off work I walk a lot at work as I work in a elementary school cafeteria and also service breakfast to 5 kindergarten classes everyday
  • ColeyBear1104
    ColeyBear1104 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I have a similar goal! Friend request sent!
  • fitdragon78
    Options
    Aznewbie00 I started walking almost 2 hours everyday and I also portion control at home and try to watch what I eat and etc I sent ya a friend request
  • LoveRedberries
    LoveRedberries Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    @txfitness1978 that's great! Keep of the great work! For every pound lost give thanks. The key is to commit to an active lifestyle for life. You'll be just fine. whether it's 49 or 55lbs the weight will be gone . That's all that matters. See you on the board! Back to business Tomorrow ! : )
  • fitdragon78
    Options
    Yes you will since I started losing weight and before I joined this site I started around 230 pounds and I'm now 208 so I'm not doing to bad I actually deleted a friend request this lady told me there's no way I could lose 55 pounds by year end
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Just keep in mind that goal is quite aggressive. Too large of a deficit results in loss of muscle mass. Loss of muscle mass generally results in a smaller, but still squishy look.
    Also, make sure to eat enough. While losing weight requires a calorie cut back, if you don't eat enough then you could end up with malnutrition which will do more harm than good in the long run. **I'm adding this in because there are plenty of women who will eat next to nothing to achieve extreme weight loss goals in a short time period. I don't know if you are one of these women or not, so please don't be offended.

Be careful. Be safe. Good luck on your journey.
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    While it is admirable to set goals, one of the first rules of goal-setting is to set reasonable goals. It is not reasonable to think you can lose 3.5 pounds every week just because you are determined. Actually, I have preferred to avoid weight number goals. I set short-term goals about thing that are entirely in my control: mostly around what I plan to eat and how often and much I will exercise.
  • SKMTX
    SKMTX Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    You can do it...I lost 89 in six months in 1995. Im older now it's harder but I'm in for this challenge!
  • SKMTX
    SKMTX Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I sent friend request!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,619 Member
    Options
    Can you lose 55lbs in a month? Sure, but at what cost? Many who try to lose that fast lose quite a bit of lean muscle too and metabolic rate drops quite a bit too.
    This isn't something that I haven't seen. I've seen it over and over many times in my 30 years plus of training and instruction. It usually requires a HIGH deficit and a 180 degree switch from habitual behavior that usually was set for most of someone's life. They have a tendency to try to cut out everything they believed made them fat, and eventually cave (many times to stress and emotion due to severe dieting).
    No one can stop you. What I hope is that you reassess it and possibly take a more conservative approach. It's better to let your body take the time to adapt to a lifestyle with small changes, rather than to try to implement one that may be too aggressive.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,619 Member
    Options
    skrace wrote: »
    You can do it...I lost 89 in six months in 1995. Im older now it's harder but I'm in for this challenge!
    So you regained weight and couldn't keep the 89lbs off? Why would the same program be successful, especially since as one gets older, metabolic rate is slower to begin with?

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png