hey people do you eat whtever you want

Options
is it ok to eat whatever you want aslong as you dont go over the limit of fat carbs calories and protein?

Replies

• funkyspunky871
    funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    That what I do and what I've always done.
  • cdenham001
    cdenham001 Posts: 83
    Options
    I have been eating whatever I want, I just make sure to count all of my carbs and calories and try not to go over.
  • MattAxtell
    MattAxtell Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Eat whatever I want withing reason and within my calorie limits (usually )

Some days I'll go to a chinease buffet and scarf down 3000 calories lol.

Other days I usually eat good for breakfast / lunch and then pig out for dinner.

You can eat what you want as long as you are below calories, to lose weight, but if you drop 50 lbs only eating MCDonalds once a day, you will be skinnier, but SUPER unhealthy.

Oh, and working out is a key. If you are going to eat what you want, you have to be prepared to sweat some of it back out :-)
  • ivansmomma
    ivansmomma Posts: 500
    Options
    That's what I do, as long as I don't go over daily calories, get exercise, and watch sugary foods
  • jamielise2
    jamielise2 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Within reason absolutely! I just keep within my fat and calorie limits. Sometimes I go over on my protein and I'm almost always way under on my carbs.
  • Andra01
    Andra01 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Yes! sometimes I go over my calories, but I really eat whatever I want in order to remain under my calorie goal. :)
  • AZackery
    AZackery Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    I don't believe in diets or even depriving myself. I eat anything that I want in moderation and portion sizes.
  • maureak
    maureak Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Absolutely, in moderation. Since the rest of the time, I'm following a balanced diet, it's ok to have ice cream or whatever I'm craving. If I try to ignore the craving, it just gets worse and I end up eating lots of other things. So I have ice cream, but just one scoop. Or a cookie (a small one or half a big one). Or, my favorite trick, if I really have a craving and get something from the vending machine, I cut it in half and give the other half to one of my co-workers.
  • dimplz1965
    dimplz1965 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I didn't change my eating style because that would mean changing my entire family's eating style and that just won't do. I eat what we normally eat, but I make sure to count all the things I eat and keep myself accountable. Sure, sometimes if there's stuff that I really want and a lot of calories, I do a little bit more exercise that day, or if i decide that's just not for me, I'll make myself something different.
  • monkeefun
    monkeefun Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I generally eat whatever I want, as long as I stay under the calorie limit. I HAVE been trying to incorporate more fruits and veggies (especially fruits...not a fan of fruits...), but overall I really haven't changed a heck of a lot! I have cut a lot of soda and juices out though, and that's made a big difference too.
  • PST0622
    PST0622 Posts: 115
    Options
    I love to eat and don't want to give up anything!!! So the answer is YES, I eat what I want, as long as I stay under my goals!!!!
  • capricorn144
    capricorn144 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I use the food diary and keep in my goals range. Tonight I had spare ribs. But my portions are what I control now.

I also try to stay away from white carbs and use whole wheat instead. Its all good!
  • KarenLouise1981
    Options
    Yeah I eat stuff I used to eat but in moderation now - eg. instead of having 2 chicken pies with chips and beans I'll now have one pie with a plate full of steamed veg, or a healthy griled chicken sandwich from McD's instead of a beefburger but I don't even think about it if I go out for dinner which happens one in a blue moon. However I do try to keep this to 1 or 2 days a week and eat super healthy the rest of the time.
  • funfitfoodie
    funfitfoodie Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    You'll probably be okay to lose weight but not to tone up. Tone is mostly about nutrition!
  • decruisers
    decruisers Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    typically a trade a lower calorie breakfast and lunch for a higher calorie dinner or lower dinner for higher lunch....I have found not to deny myself, that causes really bad ideas ...
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    I started mfp just after Christmas so my diary was full of party leftovers when I was on 1200 calories :laugh:

Now that I'm maintaining I'm trying to think more about eating healthily. In the past I've maintained, or gained, by eating mainly what I thought I should in what I thought were reasonable portions, and then bingeing on milk chocolate or icecream when it wasn't enough. Now I want to avoid the bingeing so I have to learn that I actually need to eat quite a lot to stay at my favourite weight.

I'm trying to learn to eat what I want, rather than what I think I should.
  • slimdownmike
    Options
    This is exactly where I find myself now and why I joined MFP.

I can't do restrictive diets, I crave the things I can't have and usually end up way over indulging. I've decided the only way I'm gonna drop the weight is to eat what I want but monitor the calories etc...

Problem I face now is changing my attitude towards volume... I like plates piled high so need to battle that demon.
  • flossie1999
    Options
    Wish I'd found this site before splashing out on Diet Chef where I haven't found one thing yet that I really enjoy! I've never tried counting calories before and MFP makes it so easy that I could have carried on having all my favourites, like steaks, cheese, seafood etc and just made sure I didn't go over the calorie limit. I've been following (and enjoying!) an Atkins style diet but wanted to avoid the temptations of impulse buying food I shouldn't by limiting myself to food delivered in a hamper. Also, my portion control wasn't very good so not a great deal of success with losing weight! I was hoping that by having everything 'spoon fed' I would have got the hang of proper control in a month - just a shame I hate the food!
  • tezarozaboza
    tezarozaboza Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hi all

I completely agree that you should eat whatever you want and not restrict yourself, if you want a Snickers, have one, as long as you stay within your calories.

Terri xx
  • leighton1245
    leighton1245 Posts: 125
    Options
    is it ok to eat whatever you want aslong as you dont go over the limit of fat carbs calories and protein?

This forum is a the reason why so many people arent losing weight especially saying that its okay for someone to eat McDonalds or any kind of fast food there is no way that you can stay under your Fat or carb goal by eating that kind of garbage. The real way to be able to eat what you want and get away with it is cook your own food and consume lots of fresh fruits, veggies and meat. The caloric restriction and still eating take out food only works if your body is use to have many more calories then you are eating now. There is a point where you will have to train your body how to properly use the food that you put in it and use it correctly.