Ladies - best workout while its that time of the month??

Options
These past 3 days i have tried to workout and just cant get through the full workout. I have horrible cramps and back pain during my cycle. I dont want to not workout the entire week.. What do you guys do? Help!

Replies

• generallyme2
    generallyme2 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Any workout. Once you get started, you'll feel better. It helps with cramps and bloating and your mood. Maybe do something active (running, weights, whatever you usually do) and then follow with some yoga to stretch out and relax a little. I find that the harder the workout, the better I feel.
  • ShandaLeaS
    ShandaLeaS Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I do the same workouts every day. Working out sucks at first but then it gets better about 10 minutes into it.
  • marissafit06
    marissafit06 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    My workouts always suck a bit the first few days of my period. I still try, but sometimes I cut down on reps/speed of cardio.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    I do whatever workout is planned and schedule for the day. Squats, dead lifts, OHP, bench...doesn't matter.
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,765 Member
    Options
    Walking from my couch to my kettle to boil more water for my hot water bottle.

Twisting slightly to put on the stick-on heat patches.

My chest is occasionally worked out by pathetic whimpers of pain.

I am one of those unfortunate souls for whom exercise makes it worse. It's just a week. It won't kill you.
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    It's a tough one and one I'm still trying to find the answer to! :)

I tend to stick to strength based work-out's when it's "Time of the month" purely because it's a little more comfortable than intense cardio. I used to skip the gym entirely for that whole week but I feel a bit guilty doing so now so force myself there. After around 10 minutes, it's not so bad. Take a pill for the pain beforehand and it should be okay :)
  • AKNMHunt
    AKNMHunt Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Walking and yoga. I take Ibuprophen as well to help. These last two months have been worse so if this next month is the same I wont be doing anything the first two or three days.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    I workout my fingers on the mouse and keyboard during the first 2-3 days, mostly just drinking tea and watching movies. Missing 2-3 days of workout a month is not the end of the world and won't affect your fitness level. If anything, your body will thank you for the break.