Hopped on the scale and went up weight.

Options
marcusoshea123
marcusoshea123 Posts: 21 Member
edited September 2015 in Health and Weight Loss
Hi guys,

Really weird this morning. Hopped on the scales and was up to 79kg (173.8 pounds)

Now I weighed myself a week and a half ago and was 76.6kg(168.5)

I know I havnt been going over my calorie intake, I'm always in a deficit of at least 600-800 calories, as my tdee is around 2600 cals per day. My job is physical and active and I train 3 days a week..

I don't mind what weight I am, but I would hate to think that it's fat. I wouldn't mind it being muscle and not fat.

I know myself in these 2 weeks that I should have dropped fat. Maybe I should get my body fat percentage done or something ?

Any help is greatly appreciated

Replies

• DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    It's likely water weight. Fluctuations happen, they're completely normal, it's how our body works. This is why, personally, I weigh everyday - if you weigh every 2 weeks you can't know if you're just fluctuating when you weigh or if you've actually put on that weight as fat. Either way, if you're sure you've been sticking to your calories (that is, logging everything accurately and not overestimating exercise calories) then it can't be fat.
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Sounds like that dreaded water weight :)
    Just go with it, you're bound to fluctuate at times - the body is a complex thing.
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    Could be you're retaining water due to delayed onset muscle soreness (DOMS) from exercising.

Or just general non-linear scale fluctuation water retention.

It's highly unlikely you've gained that much fat in that time.
  • marcusoshea123
    Options
    Yeah maybe you guys are right. I would have been very surprised to think it was water retention tho as it has never been a problem of mine, my weight hasn't fluctuated like that before.. I always hovered around the 76kg mark.

What I will do today is get the body fat % done and work from there. Then I will wait 2 weeks and weigh myself again and check the percentage again.

As I say I don't care if I'm 70kg or 90kg once I'm lean and healthy.. I don't want that extra weight being fat..

I have slightly changed my work out routine and it's more taxing. So maybe it is a case of doms and water retention.

Thanks for all the info guys
  • sarahdayski
    sarahdayski Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Water i would imagine, i weighed myself Monday morning and knew i had gained as ive had a few weeks holidays and felt bloated. Weighed again this morning and my weight had gone done 4lbs, so i know its excess water.
  • marcusoshea123
    Options
    How does one drop excess water weight ?

As I feel it would make my physic less defined.