BLOATING AND QUORN

Options
jenniferozzy
jenniferozzy Posts: 33 Member
edited September 2015 in Food and Nutrition
Hi there,

last year i switched to become a pescetarian.

at first i used asdas own meat free range, i found id lost nearly half a stone in a few months

last few months i have been eating a lot of quorn products and noticed i have been becoming extremely bloated look 6 months pregnant !!! and put on the weight that id lost

ive been for tests and ultrasound and they cannot see any issues.

ive been thinking i may have IBS and am going to switch to gluten free this week for a month to see if that helps.

has anyone else experienced terrible bloating off foods that dosent seem to go away ? or experienced this with quorn products?

Replies

• MGarcia0504
    MGarcia0504 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried the Asda meat free products but do eat Quorn ones from time to time and find that they do make me feel bloated and gassy at times. I didn't know before that Asda had anything like that so I'm going to give it a try. Is it cheaper than Quorn?
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    It is probably not the gluten. Try an elimination diet in which you do not eat quorn for two or three weeks. Eat nuts, seeds, lentils, beans, and lots of leafy greens instead. Then reintroduce it into your diet and see how you feel.
  • jenniferozzy
    jenniferozzy Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    YES THEY ARE CHEAPER BUT NOT MUCH BUT SEEM TO HAVE MORE RANGE, TESCO IS EVEN BETTER !!
  • MSMomNurse
    MSMomNurse Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I have IBS. IBS has nothing to do with gluten. Cut out the quorn, if you get better, don't eat anymore of it. Easy peasy. IBS is a life long condition, not a spotty here and there issue.