Help! Hit a brick wall!

Options
2»

Replies

• IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    PotterMrs wrote: »
    Im confused! i will just stick to not eating my exercise calories for now until i start to understand it all more

How many calories are you eating daily?

Are you doing the MFP method or the TDEE method?

If MFP; you should eat back 50-75% of your exercise calories to compensate for any inaccuracies.

If TDEE; you don't eat back exercise calories because TDEE accounts for that in activity levels.

It's pretty simple once you get your head around it.
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Im confused! i will just stick to not eating my exercise calories for now until i start to understand it all more

How many calories are you eating daily?

Are you doing the MFP method or the TDEE method?

If MFP; you should eat back 50-75% of your exercise calories to compensate for any inaccuracies.

If TDEE; you don't eat back exercise calories because TDEE accounts for that in activity levels.

It's pretty simple once you get your head around it.

This is spot on.

I do the bolded.

Sorry for the confusion! Both ways are perfectly okay and both ways WORK! :)
  • PotterMrs
    PotterMrs Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I have no idea what I'm doing if I'm honest! I just set up my profile and log the food I eat, this does the rest! I have just noticed tho that there is a line counting my 'iPhone steps' is that like a step counter and is it accurate? I do a lot of walking, my job I'm constantly on my feet, I also recently rejoined the gym - do I just continue to log on here what I eat and do and it works it all out for me?
  • titotito48
    titotito48 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I joined mfp in January. I have done weight watchers, Atkins, nutra system. I really prefer this. I am 10 pounds from goal and have found support here getting through trouble spots. Ex. Vacation weight gain and how to get back on track. In the past, I would give up and then have to start all over. You are not 'alone' here.
  • PotterMrs
    PotterMrs Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    titotito48 wrote: »
    I joined mfp in January. I have done weight watchers, Atkins, nutra system. I really prefer this. I am 10 pounds from goal and have found support here getting through trouble spots. Ex. Vacation weight gain and how to get back on track. In the past, I would give up and then have to start all over. You are not 'alone' here.

Thankyou, theres a few things im still trying to get my head around and in time i will do - iv had a pretty rough year this year and i think SW started to become more of a weekly routine than what it should of been! Hoping to find lots of friends on here to help and support me & hopefully in time i can return the favour when i become more familiar with how everything works.

• jdleanna
    jdleanna Posts: 141 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    I have no idea what I'm doing if I'm honest! I just set up my profile and log the food I eat, this does the rest! I have just noticed tho that there is a line counting my 'iPhone steps' is that like a step counter and is it accurate? I do a lot of walking, my job I'm constantly on my feet, I also recently rejoined the gym - do I just continue to log on here what I eat and do and it works it all out for me?

Basically, yes. You told it your stats - weight, height, activity level. It told you how much you can eat based on that. So it's fine for now just to log and follow its calorie target.

But, if you're constantly on your feet make sure that you set your activity level in MFP to "lightly active." Not sedentary. MFP gives you more calories to eat that way, and if you're always on the move you need more calories to fuel your body.

• PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options

In that case, it's best to simplify this to start out. Follow what MFP has told you to do - if you burn off a substantial amount of calories and want to eat some of those back, feel free to do so. All the TDEE and BMR referencing will come later. It took me a while to figure it out too but for now, do what MFP says and you will lose weight :) It can be very, very easy to complicate things here (lots of technical terms are used!).

As for the Iphone Steps - I had a similar one on my phone that recorded 250 steps from my front door to my car which couldnt have been more than 20 max. I'm not saying fitness trackers are inaccurate but I'm sceptical they are 100% spot on so personally I wouldn't let them add up my calorie-burn per day. There are a few people on here that do Fitbit and have quite a lot of success with them (My opinion remains the same) so it really is whatever you think works best! Any exercise is good, in my book!
  • ecr73
    ecr73 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi, Ive have just cancelled my ww subscription. Being going for nearly a year. Lost 1.5 stone in 3 months then ever since yoyoing. No point paying out money! Im doing a marathon next spring so dont really expect to lose any weight whilst training for that.
    Good luck with MFP, we CAN do it! x