Cauliflower pizza crust is a thing, and it is good.

Options
2»

Replies

• sixxpoint
    sixxpoint Posts: 3,529 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Some have up to an entire cup of cheese in the crust!

Which is fine if you're cutting the pie into 6-8 servings.

I've never tried something like this, but for the sake of flavor and authenticity, I would even go far as to incorporate flour, salt, sugar, and yeast into the vegetable base. No cheese in the crust, just on the surface with the sauce.
  • turtlesoup1957
    turtlesoup1957 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    You're. Right cauliflower is great for that. Also zucchini works wonderfully . On Pinterest the other night I found a recipe for zucchini , carrots, parsnips frittata fingers. And I was thinking this could be great for pizza as well.
  • nixology
    nixology Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Ooohhh, parsnip would be fab!
  • AquaFan
    AquaFan Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I food my kids with this for years. They always asked form mama's homemade pizza crust. Haha. I was just thinking about making some the other day.

Yes you can pick it up like a pizza if done right. I would make personal size crusts and freeze them.
  • AquaFan
    AquaFan Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    That should have said I fooled my kids, not food. Oh boy
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,902 Member
    Options
    Has anyone made this one? http://tastykitchen.com/blog/2013/08/cauliflower-crust-pizza/
    Am wondering what the weight of "one small head of cauliflower" turned out to be - "Small" is pretty subjective, lol.
  • balboabilly
    balboabilly Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    @hulkster29886 did the flour tortilla pizza last night stupid easy tasty pizza!!!! Thanks brother!