Greatest/favourite 'health food shop' type food

Options
I have just introduced aloe vera juice, psyllium husks and chia seeds into my diet. I'd be interested to hear what others consider to be the greatest or their favourite 'health food shop' type food and what the benefits of the food item are.

As for mine aloe vera juice is supposed to be very good for the stomach and digestive system and it has anti-inflammatory properties.

Psyllium husks are VERY high in fibre having 80 grams of fibre in every 100 grams of husk (so you only need to consume a very small amount - I'm currently adding 2 teaspoons worth to my yoghurt).

Chia seeds are also high in fibre and in antioxidants and omegas.

It might be a little too early to tell after only two days of eating this stuff but my stomach is feeling better than it has in the last two months.

Replies

• wimmerfan
    wimmerfan Posts: 24
    Options
    I have used the aloe vera juice and love it would suggest it to anyone it does help the digestive system as long as u take it every day
  • sarahbeth17
    sarahbeth17 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    bragg's apple cider vinegar and extra virgin coconut oil are really good things to have in your daily diet! I still struggle with it a lot, I need to find stuff that I can add the oil to, and the vinegar can be taken straight it's just really hard.
  • katemarjoram
    katemarjoram Posts: 203
    Options
    bragg's apple cider vinegar and extra virgin coconut oil are really good things to have in your daily diet! I still struggle with it a lot, I need to find stuff that I can add the oil to, and the vinegar can be taken straight it's just really hard.

I've heard of both of these. What are the benefits of consuming them?
  • sarahbeth17
    sarahbeth17 Posts: 100 Member
    Options

I've heard of both of these. What are the benefits of consuming them?

In a sense they are both kinda like "cure alls" found a link that tell's about apple cider vinegar it says:
    Natural Apple Cider Vinegar is a wonderful natural cure for a number of ailments which usually require antibiotics and other medications that have a number of side effects. In particular, Apple Cider Vinegar has been known to:

Reduce sinus infections and sore throats
    Balance high cholesterol
    Cure skin conditions such as acne
    Protect against food poisoning
    Fight allergies in both humans and animals
    Prevent muscle fatigue after exercise
    Strengthen the immune system
    Increase stamina
    Increase metabolism which promotes weight loss
    Improve digestion and cure constipation
    Alleviate symptoms of arthritis and gout
    Prevents bladder stones and urinary tract infection

It's also good for weight loss and lots of other stuff.

Extra virgin organic coconut oil may help:*
    Promote healthy cholesterol levels.
    Support a healthy intestinal tract.
    Support healthy immune function.
    Control blood sugar levels.
    Support healthy metabolic function.
    Improve digestion.
    Improve absorption of nutrients.
    Provide an immediate source of fuel for the body.
    Resist spoilage for a longer shelf life.

That only touches on a little bit of what they can both do for you. I know you aren't supposed to take much of the oil at first you need to let your body build up to it, but if you do a EVCO cleanse you rid your body of yeast which is what makes people crave sugar.
  • katemarjoram
    Options
    If apple cider vinegar and coconut oil do all that I might have to consider introducing them as I'm trying to take my already healthy diet to the next level.

What are other people's favourite 'health food shop' type food and what health benefits does it provide?
  • katemarjoram
    Options
    Bump.