Breakfast...

Options
Im in need of some ideas.... I am not a big breakfast fan! I do however know in order to loose weight I must start eating it, Just wondering what kind of things to try and which things to avoid etc.... Can anyone help?please

Replies

• ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    You don't need to eat breakfast in order to lose weight. If you aren't hungry then skip it.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Breakfast really isn't necessary for weight loss. If you feel better eating it or you need the enery in the mornings, then it might help. But it's not required and many people do just fine without it.

That said, I tend to have Greek yogurt and coffee in the mornings.
  • dazlindiva630347
    dazlindiva630347 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    All I ever seem to hear/read is skipping breakfast will slow down weight loss etc etc..
  • dazlindiva630347
    Options
    Th
    ncboiler89 wrote: »
    You don't need to eat breakfast in order to lose weight. If you aren't hungry then skip it.

Thank you ☺
  • betuel75
    betuel75 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    Who said you need to eat breakfast to lose weight? You dont need to eat breakfast to lose weight. You need to be in a calorie deficit to lose weight no matter when you eat those calories.
  • dazlindiva630347
    Options
    Breakfast really isn't necessary for weight loss. If you feel better eating it or you need the enery in the mornings, then it might help. But it's not required and many people do just fine without it.

That said, I tend to have Greek yogurt and coffee in the mornings.

Thanks hun
  • ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    All I ever seem to hear/read is skipping breakfast will slow down weight loss etc etc..

That's wrong. Weight loss, and how fast you lose, is based on the amount of your daily calorie deficit. It doesn't matter when you consume the calories so let's just go ahead and nip the, "don't eat before you go to bed" myth in the bud while we are at it.

• betuel75
    betuel75 Posts: 776 Member
    Options

That's wrong. Weight loss, and how fast you lose, is based on the amount of your daily calorie deficit. It doesn't matter when you consume the calories so let's just go ahead and nip the, "don't eat before you go to bed" myth in the bud while we are at it.

haha! good call looking ahead :D
  • dazlindiva630347
    Options

THANK YOU!!!! Least I dont have to worry about making sure I have breakfast now... That has helped LOADS, Thanks guys ...
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    A lot of people who lose weight and keep it off eat a good breakfast, but some people who lose weight and keep it off don't eat breakfast. It's not a requirement. I added breakfast cereals to my diet because I need the iron and that's what I have most days...and maybe fruit.

You can eat anything you want. They say a high-fiber breakfast helps with weight loss, but they don't say it's mandatory. :)
  • dazlindiva630347
    Options
    Kalikel wrote: »
    A lot of people who lose weight and keep it off eat a good breakfast, but some people who lose weight and keep it off don't eat breakfast. It's not a requirement. I added breakfast cereals to my diet because I need the iron and that's what I have most days...and maybe fruit.

You can eat anything you want. They say a high-fiber breakfast helps with weight loss, but they don't say it's mandatory. :)

Thank you hun ☺

• gaelicstorm26
    gaelicstorm26 Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    I eat Greek yogurt or eggs. I'm not one for a lot of breakfast either but I find that those two foods help to reduce my desire to indulge myself at lunch!
  • maillemaker
    maillemaker Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    I suspect many people say that it helps to eat breakfast to loose weight because by not skipping meals you hopefully stave off becoming uncontrollably hungry.

But at the end of the day all that counts is the calorie deficit, whenever you ate your food.

Some days I don't eat breakfast because I'm not hungry. No biggie.
  • dazlindiva630347
    Options
    I am really grateful for all your advice guys... It has definately put my mind at ease about missing breakfast if I am not hungry. I am more a coffee for breakfast kind of gal haha
  • hanalou1992
    hanalou1992 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Coffee for breakfast from now on
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    you dont have to eat breakfast to lose weight.

thats ridiculous.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options

I hate those people. The only way they can get us to join their breakfast cult is to threaten us with failure.
  • Mdoe20132
    Mdoe20132 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I have started skipping breakfast - I realized I was just eating it out of habit, not really hunger (though my stomach would growl on cue at 8am. Now I feel better waiting until 11:30 for my first meal. I drink coffee though and a couple of glasses of water.
  • dazlindiva630347
    Options
    Think I am just going to stick with what I know but control the rest of my diet... Coffee and water carry me through to lunch, so... If it aint broke, an all that! Thank you guys!!
  • superhockeymom
    superhockeymom Posts: 2,000 Member
    Options
    I find when I eat breakfast I end up starving by 9:30 ( today for sure) but for some reason although I never ate breakfast before I feel obligated to eat it now that I log. I guess I believed those that said I must. Think I may go back to the old way see what happens at this point I could not feel hungrier.