Do you want to see my diary? (I'll show you mine if you show me yours! Lol)

Options
musthavescentscanada
musthavescentscanada Posts: 27 Member
edited September 2015 in Health and Weight Loss
Seriously though.
I am losing, just not as quickly as I should be...so i think I'm not logging sizes correctly.
However.
I'm also a touch neurotic and full of anxiety. (It's cool...I am ok with it. Lol)
So how do you "let" people see your diary without judging yourself too harshly? Anyone else feel it's a little much to tell complete strangers what you weigh and what you had for a midnight snack?
Anyone else have wisdom to overcome this? Or can recommend a troll-free zone on here where anxious weirdos are welcomed? :)
Thanks!

Replies

• shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    You might want to read over this thread:
    Logging Accurately Step by Step Guide

Also if your calorie goal is 1200, then your deficit might not be as large as what you selected when setting up your profile. For example, I can have a max deficit of 665 with my activity level set at Lightly Active. Why? Because MFP predicts that on a Lightly Active day without exercise I will only burn 1865 calories.
  • JamestheLiar
    JamestheLiar Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Letting people see my diary definitely makes it difficult to log the eight Popsicles that I just ate in a single sitting. Or the 15 tablespoons of ketchup I used to scarf down a plate full of Ore-Ida crinkle cuts. However, that neurotic anxiety goes by another name around here. It's called accountability, and it is a powerful tool at my house. It's powerful because it actually makes me think twice before sitting down to a plate full of food that will definitely put me over my calorie budget for the day. I find it as helpful as it is scary, and it is free here on MFP.

At the end of the day, though ... most people don't look at other people's diaries, so it's a mind-game more than anything.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    seeing as i never have cared what anyone thought of me.... nope. dont give a **** LOL

i leave mine open for the simple fact that people can see you can eat out, drink beer, and eat 'crap' food and still lose weight.

anyone who wants to criticize me for what i eat can go suck on the 70 pounds ive lost.... ;)
  • katsmo
    katsmo Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Mine is open. I'm learning how to be accountable and honest with myself, plus I enjoy seeing other diaries for recipe/meal ideas. I really have nothing to hide, even when I fall some days. We're all here for the same reason.
  • dhimaan
    dhimaan Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    I dont judge people. I couldn't care less about what you eat. It serves the purpose of looking at people's marcos and if their caloric intake is within limit.
  • barryplumber
    barryplumber Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Mine is open it's just, although I weigh most things a lot of times i use the bar code and it shows it as cups
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Mine is open. I could give a fig what people thought my food diary. I think I eat with gusto:)
  • VykkDraygoVPR
    VykkDraygoVPR Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I don't mind leaving mine open. If someone is curious about what I eat, or how often and how accurately I weigh, it doesn't bother me. I mean, I'm usually around people when I eat anyhow.

As far as my weight, people can see how big I am. I can't hide my jiggly tummy, so I don't really feel ashamed of my weight. I know I can lose it, so I'm not worried. Right now, I am sitting at about 268 lbs (at 6'3"). I've been smaller, and I've been much larger.

If you aren't comfortable with opening it, then don't do it. If you think your logging is inaccurate, then just try to tighten it up. Use a scale for all solids. If you scan a food, but the entry doesn't come in grams / ounces (frustratingly often), then do the math based on the serving size. Like HEB applewood smoked bacon is 11 g per serving, I had 3 slices at 38 grams total. So 38/11 = ~3.45 servings.
  • barryplumber
    Options
    demo_man wrote: »
    Is mine open, how would I know. I can't see anyone else's.
    Nope not open mine should be open
  • barryplumber
    Options
    Seriously though.
    I am losing, just not as quickly as I should be...so i think I'm not logging sizes correctly.
    However.
    I'm also a touch neurotic and full of anxiety. (It's cool...I am ok with it. Lol)
    So how do you "let" people see your diary without judging yourself too harshly? Anyone else feel it's a little much to tell complete strangers what you weigh and what you had for a midnight snack?
    Anyone else have wisdom to overcome this? Or can recommend a troll-free zone on here where anxious weirdos are welcomed? :)
    Thanks!

Yours is locked with a key
  • dhimaan
    Options

Yes it is open. Are you cutting or maintaining?
  • barryplumber
    Options
    dhimaan wrote: »

Yes it is open. Are you cutting or maintaining?

I'm cutting for a competition. Lost about 20lbs, have about 6-8lbs to go.

Yes your open now
  • barryplumber
    Options
    I am Curious because I can't see anyone's ?

Odd i can see most of the diaries here except the op hers is locked with a key
  • marissafit06
    marissafit06 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options

Are you logged in on the mobile version or using a desktop?

• dhimaan
    Options

Mobile

Mobile

What is your current routine? Cardio + Lifting. Your macros are beautifully setup.

• marissafit06
    marissafit06 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options

Mobile

I often have trouble viewing other ppl's diaries when on the mobile site.
  • musthavescentscanada
    Options
    Thanks. I guess I do care too much. I hold my internet self to the same standards and etiquette I do my real-life self...and it just seemed...weirdly intimate, somehow?
    Who knows...just a quirk, maybe. I certainly don't mind being accountable.
    I guess I just wondered how much "fat shaming" there was on here from the general population, and if it was worth the anxiety to open my diary, to get a better handle on the logging thing.
    xo
    Thanks peeps!