How many eggs is too many?!?

Options
Hi all! I love, love eggs... And working them into my meal plan really keeps me full and helps with my weight loss! Has anyone seen any issues with eating over a certain amount per day?? Or is there an unwritten rule on "do not eat more than x eggs / day" due to digestive issues, etc. ? Thanks :)

Replies

• LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    http://www.hsph.harvard.edu/nutritionsource/eggs/
    1 egg per day average is the recommendation
  • andrikosDE
    andrikosDE Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    I think the accepted science today is to eat as many eggs just before the point of clucking like a hen.
    Other than that, you're golden... :wink:

But seriously, if you don't have digestive issues, you like them, they fit in your nutritional goals, I say... eggselent.
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options
    As long as they fit into your calorie target eat as many as you like. Eggs are a great food.
  • Indie_LadyFish
    Indie_LadyFish Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Thanks, all! Makes me feel good about my choices :)
  • Indie_LadyFish
    Options
    andrikosDE wrote: »
    I think the accepted science today is to eat as many eggs just before the point of clucking like a hen.
    Other than that, you're golden... :wink:

But seriously, if you don't have digestive issues, you like them, they fit in your nutritional goals, I say... eggselent.

Haha, yes!!
  • ki4eld
    ki4eld Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    Are you sprouting feathers? If not, you're good.

I average eating 15-20 per week and no feathers yet. I might have a beak growing out of my armpit, but...
  • Indie_LadyFish
    Options
    2Poufs wrote: »

I average eating 15-20 per week and no feathers yet. I might have a beak growing out of my armpit, but...

I'm glad I'm not the only one! :)
  • V_Keto_V
    V_Keto_V Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I have yet to find a limit to # eggs/day as long as they are scrambled...boiled seem more problematic for GI upset. A dozen scrambled eggs in one sitting is no problem on intermittent fasting!
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    I used to eat several boiled eggs a day as snacks, but I was having issues gassing out my coworkers; that was too many. With the prices skyrocketing, I honestly don't eat that many eggs anymore.
  • br3adman
    br3adman Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    If you wanted you could eat 100% of your protein needs from eggs.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    856. that too many eggs.

855 is borderline.
  • jsmestflowers
    jsmestflowers Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I am going with Tennisguy and others....as long as its within your goal...eat em up!!!
  • SimpleGirlNoche
    SimpleGirlNoche Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    My mom recently brought up the cholesterol factor so I've been trying to use more whites than yolks so I can have as many as I want while still keeping the cholesterol down
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,325 Member
    Options
    I eat one a day.
  • sallykwu
    sallykwu Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I personally eat 2-3 whole eggs a day. But I'm worried about cholesterol issues in the future. Should I be concerned?
  • tank1539
    tank1539 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    From www.incredibleegg.org

"...A wealth of research has shown that eggs do not have a significant impact on blood cholesterol levels, so it’s not necessary to avoid egg yolks and you can use egg whites freely."

• Indie_LadyFish
    Options
    Thanks all!
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    tank1539 wrote: »
    From www.incredibleegg.org

"...A wealth of research has shown that eggs do not have a significant impact on blood cholesterol levels, so it’s not necessary to avoid egg yolks and you can use egg whites freely."

Also, duh, because what would you dip your toast in?
  • Stickthejugon80
    Options
    2Poufs wrote: »

You have an armpit but???? :p
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,930 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I love, love eggs... And working them into my meal plan really keeps me full and helps with my weight loss! Has anyone seen any issues with eating over a certain amount per day?? Or is there an unwritten rule on "do not eat more than x eggs / day" due to digestive issues, etc. ? Thanks :)

2 eggs about every other day is a maximum for me ... I tend to develop gall bladder area pain and general feelings of illness if I eat more.