How can i increase my height and gain more weight?

Options
2»

Replies

• Dez11B
    Dez11B Posts: 1,542 Member
    Options
    You're not going to get taller. Continue what you're doing but add compound exercises and you'll begin to look better but weigh more because muscle is more dense than fat
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    paranoidW wrote: »
    They really are ,My dad was the one who first took me to see that doc back then but he was kind of relieved when that doc said that i wasnt sick ,and they both keep pushing me to eat more or to be more active ,and yea being active isnt smg given to a person by luck,we're not born with it ,but m actually afraid that i will loose pounds due to exercising so i give myself some stupid excuses.

Talk to your parents. Ask for help. Get an appointment with a dr. A therapist would be a good starting point, the sort of anxiety you describe is where a therapist can help you. Your parents or a pediatrician might mean well, but not necessarily know how to approach this.
  • niniundlapin
    niniundlapin Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    aggelikik wrote: »
    They really are ,My dad was the one who first took me to see that doc back then but he was kind of relieved when that doc said that i wasnt sick ,and they both keep pushing me to eat more or to be more active ,and yea being active isnt smg given to a person by luck,we're not born with it ,but m actually afraid that i will loose pounds due to exercising so i give myself some stupid excuses.

Talk to your parents. Ask for help. Get an appointment with a dr. A therapist would be a good starting point, the sort of anxiety you describe is where a therapist can help you. Your parents or a pediatrician might mean well, but not necessarily know how to approach this.

Increased body activities can also increase appetite, which might as well not losing weight, but you also have to take genetic factors into consideration. From my ethnic background (eastern Asian), I've seen a lot of girls with similar stats as OP and they seem to be fine.

I definitely don't want to promote one thing over the other here but just want to point out that things might be like this for a reason, whether you like it or not. My advice to OP would be the same as the others here: see doctors, work with mom and dad, try to find something fun to do & be happlily active.

And also, that height is perfect with which ever fashion/ style you like :smile:
  • msalegend204
    msalegend204 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi,im a girl who got 18 yo for only a couple of weeks now , My current weight is 43kgs and my height is around 5'2(1,58) and 5'3(1.60) my dream height is either 5'6 or 5'7 is this possible ive reached 18yo if yes include the ways (a part from exercising) im kind of lazy and im afraid to loose more pounds ,and if there's a way or a medecine i can eat so i could put on more kgs because i feel like im really underweight and i dont feel healthy at all.
    Thanks to everyone who will answer and sorry for the long text :)
    Have a good everyone ,xoxo
    You need nothing, not a doctor or any kind of medical help. You should set a goal by yourself and strive to achieve it. I used to weigh 55 kilos when I was 5'8. I went to the gym and started working out and eating healthy (but a lot) 9 months ago, and now I'm 70 kilos (7 % body fat). Besides, I'm almost 19 now and I grew 2 inch due to lots of stretching exercises every evening, proper nutrition, and quality sleep in the last 9 months. So my advice to you is to set a goal and work hard for it and most important don't cheat cz you're only cheating yourself.
    Good luck :)
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    @msalegend204 I do hope you are in school and that you continue your education. You did not grow because of hard work and stretching.

NOBODY should set a goal to grow in height. That is fraught with failure.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,395 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Hi,im a girl who got 18 yo for only a couple of weeks now , My current weight is 43kgs and my height is around 5'2(1,58) and 5'3(1.60) my dream height is either 5'6 or 5'7 is this possible ive reached 18yo if yes include the ways (a part from exercising) im kind of lazy and im afraid to loose more pounds ,and if there's a way or a medecine i can eat so i could put on more kgs because i feel like im really underweight and i dont feel healthy at all.
    Thanks to everyone who will answer and sorry for the long text :)
    Have a good everyone ,xoxo
    You need nothing, not a doctor or any kind of medical help. You should set a goal by yourself and strive to achieve it. I used to weigh 55 kilos when I was 5'8. I went to the gym and started working out and eating healthy (but a lot) 9 months ago, and now I'm 70 kilos (7 % body fat). Besides, I'm almost 19 now and I grew 2 inch due to lots of stretching exercises every evening, proper nutrition, and quality sleep in the last 9 months. So my advice to you is to set a goal and work hard for it and most important don't cheat cz you're only cheating yourself.
    Good luck :)

You grew 2" because of genetics, not because of stretching. Your height, just like your body frame is all determine by genetics. Men, typically grow later in life compared to women. So at 18, the OP is not going to grow another 5", and more likely, won't grow at all.
  • jgnatca
    Options
    Well, there is hormone therapy available at the tween age. But that's not a homegrown option, and our OP has passed that window.

As an aside, when I was born my final height (5' 4") was average. Not any more! The world has outgrown me.
  • swiftie309
    swiftie309 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    In my opinion you never eaten enough and theres a chance you may have stunted your own growth. And you need to see a doctor about ur low weight
  • jgnatca
    Options
    One can temporarily gain about an inch in height by hanging from horizontal bars but that's just from stretching out the spine. There is no (permanent) gain in height. That inch will be lost and more from old age from that ancient nemesis, gravity.

@paranoidW , you want to also gain some weight and eat healthier, which is an admirable goal. MFP can help with that. As you log your foods you can get an idea how many calories you are getting in a day, and work to increase that. Choose more high-protein, high-fat foods.
  • happysquidmuffin
    happysquidmuffin Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    #broscience Hmm. I guess it's my fault I'm 5'2" because I didn't stretch enough as a teenager...
  • jgnatca
    Options
    @msalegend204 I forgive you for your inexperience. You are swimming in uncharted waters, kid. A superior argument has little to do with rhetoric and word choice, and more to do with the quality of the research.

At a certain age, height growth stops. Our OP has reached that age.

http://www.yourhormones.info/topical_issues/growth_and_height.aspx
  • Bronty3
    Bronty3 Posts: 104 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    "Besides, I'm almost 19 now and I grew 2 inch due to lots of stretching exercises every evening, proper nutrition, and quality sleep in the last 9 months. So my advice to you is to set a goal and work hard for it and most important don't cheat cz you're only cheating yourself.
    Good luck :)"

No, you did not grow from stretching. Period. Stretching affects muscles not your bones, which is what gives you height. Your bones have growth plates and once those are fused, earlier in females than males, you are done growing. No amount of stretching will change it.
  • kellycasey5
    kellycasey5 Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    You could always get yourself a pair of wedge platform shoes. They easily add anywhere from 3 to 5 inches of height and are fairly easy to walk in.