Vegan for a Month

Options
Hi fit fabulous friends,

I'm introducing myself as I'm excited and invigorated to share my journey in weight loss.
I decided to go vegan for a month because I was a pescetarian for 2 years successfully and loved how I felt. I stopped due to a crash diet that promised I would lose 30lbs in a month. I did not know a lot about diet and nutrition back then and was willing try just about anything to lose weight.

Pre-pregnancy I weighed 135lbs and gained weight during my pregnancy that left me at 216lbs. I've never weighed anything over 160 before then. I also had poor eating habits that I have now educated myself on and corrected. In short, I drank coffee all day and had a small lunch (snacks) and one real meal dinner.

No wonder I never gained or lost weight before the baby. I totally killed my metabolism. I'm now weighing in at 185lbs. It's all love because I'm shifting gears again after reevaluating my weigh loss goals and plan.

So join me as I stay encouraged and happy while becoming a healthier me! I'd love to encourage you as well so drop me a friend request and Let's go!

*With consistency,persistence and love do we win!

Replies

• khristiana
    khristiana Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Very nice to meet you lanalovestar!

I'm currently just about in the same boat as you, as far as nutrition goes. I'm whole food plant based right now, and I've been doing this for a little over 5 weeks.

Let me tell you, I have never felt better in my entire life! The energy I have is phenomenal! I'm very happy to see you on this journey and I wish you so much luck! Perhaps we can share some insights and recipes?

:smile:
  • oodetoxoo
    oodetoxoo Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'll join your team. Add me! I just joined today. A vegan diet for a month should shed a lot of weight.
  • Vivaciousvegan
    Vivaciousvegan Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    About eleven years ago I went vegan for a month. Once I had some distance from animals as food I was able to start empathizing with animals as individuals who don't deserve what we do to them. I never even considered hurting them with my dollars again. You should watch Earthlings. Good luck!
  • lanalovestar
    lanalovestar Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    About eleven years ago I went vegan for a month. Once I had some distance from animals as food I was able to start empathizing with animals as individuals who don't deserve what we do to them. I never even considered hurting them with my dollars again. You should watch Earthlings. Good luck!

Thank you so much for your beautiful insight
  • lanalovestar
    Options
    oodetoxoo wrote: »
    I'll join your team. Add me! I just joined today. A vegan diet for a month should shed a lot of weight.

Thank you
  • lanalovestar
    Options
    khristiana wrote: »
    Very nice to meet you lanalovestar!

I'm currently just about in the same boat as you, as far as nutrition goes. I'm whole food plant based right now, and I've been doing this for a little over 5 weeks.

Let me tell you, I have never felt better in my entire life! The energy I have is phenomenal! I'm very happy to see you on this journey and I wish you so much luck! Perhaps we can share some insights and recipes?

:smile:

Wow, so you get me!
  • lanalovestar
    Options
    I'm typing long replies and when I add quotes I'm only showing one liners I hope everyone is receiving my full messages