Frustrated

Options
Ok....so I finely listen to folks and "eat" most of my calories that I have earned for the day. because before i would only eat 1200 calories no matter what, 1200 calories every day for 1yr and 9 months....lost 56 pounds. now I hate a huge plateau, so i decided to listen to what mfp tells me to eat...I did it for two days and now I gained a pound!!!!! WHAT!!!!!!! I just want to scream, now its going to take me another week to lose this dang pound and back to my 1200 calorie diet and just hope I bust thru this pateau with a routine change to my exercise or something.....so frustrated! :sad:

Replies

• caitlinclock
    caitlinclock Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Personally I would give it more than 2 days so that your body can adjust. Breaking through a plateau can take more than that once you switch things up. Why not give it a couple weeks eating back those exercise calories. I did that. I gained weight at first but then once my body adjusted the weight started pouring off again!

Best of luck to you! :flowerforyou:
  • kellyscomeback
    kellyscomeback Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Personally I would give it more than 2 days so that your body can adjust. Breaking through a plateau can take more than that once you switch things up. Why not give it a couple weeks eating back those exercise calories. I did that. I gained weight at first but then once my body adjusted the weight started pouring off again!

Best of luck to you! :flowerforyou:

Exactly, you need to give it more time.
  • TinaLTaylor79
    TinaLTaylor79 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    You shoudl try eating a different amount of cals a day to kind of trick ur body! That always works for me when that happens. One day eat the low end of ur aloud cals and then the next day, dont go over, but eat a bit higher and keep it switching, try this for a couple weeks, along with plenty of water and excercise!!!!
  • Mommyof3texans
    Options
    Please, please give it more than 2 days....given that you've eaten at 1200 for so long, your body is naturally going to need an adjustment period. A slight gain is expected before you start losing again. Be patient!
  • Angela4Health
    Angela4Health Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    Oh my goodness you really need to give it at LEAST a week, but more like 2!
  • frostyblues
    frostyblues Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm thinking maybe you should change up what your eating and maybe change the time you workout. I hope that helps and good luck!
  • dimplz1965
    dimplz1965 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I agree with them all here, give yourself 2 weeks - and don't step on the scale, if you can, and see what happens. Your body has adjusted to the 1200 calories and now you've given it some more. It will take time to "reset" itself realizing that those extra calories need to be gotten rid of. Give it those 2 weeks and then let us all know what happened!
  • monchand
    monchand Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Thanks folks!!! am just afraid to slide back, this is the most successful I have ever been in my entire life.