Lower sugar breakfast shake

Options
mlanser08
mlanser08 Posts: 40 Member
I like to drink carnation instant breakfast packets in soy milk on weekends for a quick breakfast on the go, but the sugar content is so high. I need some ideas on an alternative with lower sugar. I like the ease factor of tearing open a package and mixing it with milk.

Replies

• khodges15
    khodges15 Posts: 114
    Options
    Atkins Daybreak or Atkins advantage. 160cals, 9g fat, 2g of carbs, 0-2g of sugar.
  • carolynmittens
    Options
    lately i've been mixing 4 T hemp protein powder in with unsweetened almond milk, 1 tsp unsweetened cocoa powder and 1/2 packet of stevia. no sugar at all and it's really good!
  • Moonbeamlissie
    Moonbeamlissie Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    I am also curious! I get tired of trying to figure out what to do for breakfast!
  • katy4193
    katy4193 Posts: 44
    Options
    If you have a protein powder without sugar, you can blend some carrot into it and it will sweeten it up.
  • monylove311
    monylove311 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I love Jay Robb Egg protein vanilla powder with strawberries or a banana and chocolate cocoa powder and splenda or stevia. yumo and super easy in the magic bullet.

Low carb (without banana) and low sugar. try it. yum!
  • parvati
    parvati Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    On workout days, I start my day out with a protein shake.
    Protein powder, 1/2 c of frozen berries & 1/2 c skim milk or coconut milk. There are many different fruit combinations that you can choose& they are low in fat & calories, high in fibre & antioxidants & the sugar is natural sugar. Mine are all right around 200 calories & 4-10 grams of natural sugar depending on your choice of milk & fruit.

Non workout days are oatmeal with berries or toast & peanut butter. Mmmmm
    peanut butter....
  • ChristinaRamos
    Options
    Vi-Shakes only have 1 gram of sugar, plus the sugar in the milk/almondmilk. Add 2 scoops and shake with milk!!!!! Friend me or look at my diary for more info
  • parvati
    parvati Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Vi-Shakes only have 1 gram of sugar, plus the sugar in the milk/almondmilk. Add 2 scoops and shake with milk!!!!! Friend me or look at my diary for more info

I take the visalus shakes too! Love them!
    Do you sell them as well?