Hello from the East Coast!

Options
Hi! I actually was on here before and lost 35 pounds! I stopped using the site because I moved and became very busy with school and work but I actually managed to lose an additional 50 pounds! Unfortunately, as many of you know its a lot easier said then done keeping the weight off. I became lazy and old habits came back of ordering fast food weekly. I am back up to the weight where I first joined this site back in 2012. I want to lose 103 pounds, hopefully within a year-year and a half. I hope I can find some friends on here with a similar story or really just anyone who can keep me motivated and that I can motivate in return! :)

Replies

• PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Welcome back :)

It took me a long time to realise that this is actually a life-time thing. Of course I'm not going to be restricting my calories forever more (thank the lord!) but I will have to keep an eye on my food intake and exercise regularly else the reality is, I will put on weight. Unfortunately, I always assumed that because I'd lost loads of weight, I was untouchable and simply wouldn't put it back on as I was "thin now". How wrong was I!

I assure you - with the help of MFP and an amazingly positive attitude, you can do this and keep it off. Wishing you the best of luck :)
  • jesslynchxo817
    jesslynchxo817 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much! I think eating less/better is the hardest for me. I have such a sweet tooth and fast food is so easy and convenient! Good luck with your journey as well!
  • pinkgumdrop123
    pinkgumdrop123 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Welcome!

Over the years I have lost and regained a number of times so I know how it feels!

Please feel free to add me as a friend :)
  • jesslynchxo817
    Options
    It stinks! I have been overweight for as long as I can remember.
  • Wii_Player
    Wii_Player Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much! I think eating less/better is the hardest for me. I have such a sweet tooth and fast food is so easy and convenient! Good luck with your journey as well!

Welcome back! I hear you about the convenience of fast food, so what I do is I buy Lean Cuisine or Smart Ones for days I really do not have time to cook. I have a side salad with that and voilà.

Wishing you success!

• PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options

Thankyou, Lovely :)
  • jesslynchxo817
    Options
    Wii_Player wrote: »

Welcome back! I hear you about the convenience of fast food, so what I do is I buy Lean Cuisine or Smart Ones for days I really do not have time to cook. I have a side salad with that and voilà.

Wishing you success!

That's something I did in the past! The smart ones are a good go to if you don't have a lot of time. Thank you! Good luck with your journey!
  • Wii_Player
    Wii_Player Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    Wii_Player wrote: »

Wishing you success!

That's something I did in the past! The smart ones are a good go to if you don't have a lot of time. Thank you! Good luck with your journey!

Thank you very much!