bump
  • TJtastic
    TJtastic Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • britt8507
    britt8507 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    All these recipes sound delicious! I can't wait to try some of these!!! Thanks again !
  • Jsnbabb1
    Jsnbabb1 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Luvlee85
    Luvlee85 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    BUMP!!!
  • mylife33
    mylife33 Posts: 72
    Options
    Awesome! Thanks so much for sharing! :flowerforyou:
  • AlexandraM119
    Options
    Just mastered a low cal version of my favorite appetizer-

Smoked Salmon Artichoke Dip

1 package 1/3 less fat philedelphia cream cheese
    1/4 cup grated romano cheese
    1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
    1/4 cup Smart Beat low calorie mayo
    1 clove garlic
    1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
    1 can quartered artichoke hearts- just look for the brand that contains the least calories. I used Napolean.
    1/2 cup frozen spinach, thawed and drained
    5 oz smoked salmon- I used Kirkland signature brand, but again, use the lowest cal option available to you
    1/4 cup grated mozzarella cheese

Combine all ingredients and bake at 350 with the mozzarella cheese sprinkled on top until the cheese is bubbly and the dip is heated through. Serve with your choice of dipping option. This will give you about 12 servings, with a total of only 105 calories in each!! Can't beat that!
  • Angeloftheshore
    Angeloftheshore Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Bump, these are great, thanks for all the posts!
  • sune929
    sune929 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Got this from allrecipes.com and it was DELICIOUS!!

Garlic Cheddar Chicken

Ingredients

* 1/2 cup butter
    * 4 cloves garlic, minced
    * 3/4 cup dry bread crumbs
    * 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
    * 1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
    * 1/4 teaspoon dried parsley
    * 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
    * 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
    * 1/8 teaspoon salt
    * 8 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - pounded thin

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
    2. Melt the butter in a saucepan over low heat, and cook the garlic until tender, about 5 minutes.
    3. In a shallow bowl, mix the bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, Cheddar cheese, parsley, oregano, pepper, and salt.
    4. Dip each chicken breast in the garlic butter to coat, then press into the bread crumb mixture. Arrange the coated chicken breasts in a 9x13 inch baking dish. Drizzle with any remaining butter and top with any remaining bread crumb mixture.
    5. Bake 30 minutes in the preheated oven, or until chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear.

Calories: 406 | Total Fat: 25.2g | Cholesterol: 130mg
  • brendamembrino
    Options
    Bump
  • BrandyH20
    BrandyH20 Posts: 63
    Options
    Save for later
  • PantalaNagaPampa
    PantalaNagaPampa Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    bumping for later
  • tataliciousd89
    Options
    Oh my god! I freakin love you! You are the best. I can't believe that there are recipes that my whole family can eat together. I didn't think that was even possible. Thank you so much.
  • 4lafz
    4lafz Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    I bumped way back when and now finally had some time to post a couple you may like. These are two of my faves from eatingwell.com

EatingWell's Eggplant Parmesan

http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/eatingwells_eggplant_parmesan.html
    From EatingWell: September/October 1995

We reduced fat by coating the eggplant with egg whites instead of whole eggs and baking, rather than frying, the slices for a lighter version of this classic.
    6 serving | Active Time: 25 minutes | Total Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
    Ingredients
    • 2 eggplants, (about 2 pounds total)
    • 3 egg whites
    • 3 tablespoons water
    • 1 cup fine dry breadcrumbs
    • 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese, (1 ounce), divided
    • 1/2 teaspoon salt
    • 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
    • 1/4 cup slivered fresh basil leaves
    • 2 1/2 cups tomato sauce
    • 3/4 cup grated part-skim mozzarella cheese, (3 ounces)
    Preparation
    1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Coat two baking sheets and an 8-by-11 1/2-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
    2. Cut eggplants crosswise into 1/4-inch-thick slices. Whisk egg whites and water in a shallow dish until frothy. Combine breadcrumbs, 1/4 cup of the Parmesan, salt and pepper in another shallow dish. Dip the eggplant slices into the egg-white mixture, then coat with the breadcrumb mixture. (Discard any leftover breadcrumbs and egg white.) Arrange the eggplant slices in a single layer on the prepared baking sheets. Bake for 15 minutes, turn the eggplant slices over, and bake until crisp and golden, about 15 minutes longer.
    3. Stir basil into tomato sauce. Spread about 1/2 cup of the sauce in the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Arrange half of the eggplant slices over the sauce, overlapping slightly. Spoon 1 cup of the remaining sauce over the eggplant and sprinkle with half of the mozzarella cheese. Add a layer of the remaining eggplant slices and top with the remaining sauce, mozzarella and Parmesan. Bake, uncovered, until the sauce bubbles and the top is golden, 15 to 20 minutes.
    Nutrition
    Per serving : 203 Calories; 6 g Fat; 3 g Sat; 2 g Mono; 13 mg Cholesterol; 29 g Carbohydrates; 12 g Protein; 8 g Fiber; 563 mg Sodium; 777 mg Potassium
    1 1/2 Carbohydrate Serving
    Exchanges: 1 starch, 4 vegetable, 1 medium-fat meat

AND

Marmalade Chicken for Two

http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/marmalade_chicken_for_two.html
    From EatingWell: January/February 2009, The EatingWell Diet (2007), EatingWell Serves Two

Orange marmalade and freshly grated orange zest make a deliciously tangy sauce for quick-cooking chicken tenders. Serve with brown rice. Sue served over mashed sweet potato (not yam) with a bit of chicken broth added.
    2 servings | Active Time: 20 minutes | Total Time: 20 minutes
    Ingredients
    • 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
    • 1 tablespoon red-wine vinegar
    • 1 tablespoon orange marmalade (can be low sugar)
    • 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
    • 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
    • 8 ounces chicken tenders (or cut up boneless skinless chicken breasts)
    • 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
    • 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
    • 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, divided
    • 1 large shallot, minced
    • 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated orange zest
    • Rosemary to taste (a little goes a long way)
    Preparation
    1. Whisk broth, vinegar, marmalade, mustard and cornstarch in a medium bowl.
    2. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook until golden, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate and cover with foil to keep warm.
    3. Add the remaining 1 teaspoon oil and shallot to the pan and cook, stirring often, until beginning to brown, about 30 seconds. Whisk the broth mixture and add it to the pan. Bring to a simmer, scraping up any browned bits. Reduce heat to maintain a simmer; cook until the sauce is slightly reduced and thickened, 30 seconds to 2 minutes. Add the chicken; return to a simmer. Cook, turning once, until the chicken is heated through, about 1 minute. Remove from the heat and stir in orange zest.
    Nutrition
    Per serving : 213 Calories; 8 g Fat; 1 g Sat; 5 g Mono; 68 mg Cholesterol; 10 g Carbohydrates; 27 g Protein; 0 g Fiber; 246 mg Sodium; 55 mg Potassium
    1/2 Carbohydrate Serving
    Exchanges: 1/2 other carbohydrate, 3 1/2 very lean meat
    Tips & Notes
    • Note: Chicken tenders are the virtually fat-free strips of rib meat typically found attached to the underside of chicken breasts. They can also be purchased separately. Four 1-ounce tenders will yield a 3-ounce cooked portion. Tenders are perfect for quick stir-fries, chicken satay or kid-friendly breaded “chicken fingers.”
  • LoriIAM
    LoriIAM Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I'm going to try this one, if it's really good. My husband loves General Chicken.
  • apowell13
    apowell13 Posts: 15
    Options
    BUMP!! Can't wait to try these.
  • dutaun
    dutaun Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    This is an awesome thread and I can't wait to try some of these.
  • joyfuldutchgirl
    Options
    lovin' it! thanks for taking all the time and effort to post so many recipes!
  • Maxylicious
    Maxylicious Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • iwatts
    iwatts Posts: 22
    Options
    Bump :smile: