Let's see some pics of your hobby / hobbies!

Options
NoWeighJose74
NoWeighJose74 Posts: 581 Member
Post a pic that deals with your hobby or hobbies. Whether it's arts and crafts, gardening, model building, or in my case:

Freshwater aquarium with live plants! The tank is 125 gallons, 6ft long. The main pieces are discus imported from Asia. Also have a school of over 100 cardinal tetras and a bunch of freshwater shrimp as a cleanup crew. :smile:

Tank is located in the living room and is a great way for me to relax and unwind after a long day at work. Just staring at my little piece of underwater tranquility.

IMG_1053.jpg
IMG_1054.jpg

Link to a 5min Youtube vid I took back in November. DISCLAIMER: My video taking skills suck! :laugh:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KiY7qEEiVfY

C'mon. I showed you mine. Show me yours! :wink:

Replies

• Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    great pictures...I find fish tanks SO relaxing...

My hobby is actually photography (mostly for local bands/concerts) and my current profile picture is one of my favorite shots...
  • jmassardo
    jmassardo Posts: 84
    Options
    I started flying lessons this week.

cessna172m.jpg
  • SarahRuth♥
    SarahRuth♥ Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    I can't take a picture of my hobby!!!
  • That_Girl
    That_Girl Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    021-2.jpg
    Gardening. I grew these :smile:

021.jpg
    Baking (from above zucchini)

029.jpg
    Biking (mine is on the left..my daughter's is on the right)

011-2.jpg
    Painting (mural over our bed...my girls have their own as well).

Picnikcollage-4-1.jpg
    Photography....that's my baby last year :love:

I also play the piano.
  • PecanTanDiva
    PecanTanDiva Posts: 162
    Options
    Awesome tank. I love fish, but keeping them alive is the problem I have :cry:

I LOVE shoes!!! Cant post any pics because i dont know how. One of my hobbies are purchasing shoes to add to my collection, then rearranging my closet as a showroom. My kids love that my walk in closet looks like a dressing room and so do I
  • PecanTanDiva
    PecanTanDiva Posts: 162
    Options
    The other hobby is building things (DIY). I made my headboard and my son's toy box.
  • MilisaMote
    MilisaMote Posts: 28
    Options
    I do crafts ... knitting, plastic canvas, kniffy knitter, scrapbooking and Jewerly making ... Here are a few pieces I have made.

t6w2tc.jpg

2e6dmpv.jpg

vo8vvo.jpg

dompvt.jpg

this is my favorite piece... it took me week to find just the right colors and combinations
    2ugf05f.jpg <~ and the most expensive
  • MilisaMote
    MilisaMote Posts: 28
    Options
    umm pics didnt post right ... ? what did i do wrong?
  • HeatherFeather10
    Options
    Make sure to put the "img" in lowercase - this should make the pics show up!!!
  • Jenscan
    Jenscan Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure how to post a pic of this, but I'm an amateur meteorologist. My screen name is my forecasting moniker, as in "Your JenScan forecast, tonight at 11".

I love forecasting and storm chasing.
  • alex215
    alex215 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Brazilian Jiu Jitsu - Even though little injuries just seem to be part of the game and its pretty hard on my body i don't plan on stopping anytime soon

222198_10150241470214203_751219202_8951618_7270009_n.jpg
    222198_10150241470229203_751219202_8951621_7646584_n.jpg

Trail running and hiking

190705_10150444528330142_511690141_17744414_4021277_n.jpg
    197163_10150171384389203_751219202_8516472_7522170_n.jpg

Painting - I haven't painted in a year or so but i do want to start again.
    l.jpg
    l.jpg
  • withchaco
    withchaco Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Awesome thread. There is so much variety in here already, and I know there's a LOT more to come! Keep them coming, everyone! :bigsmile:

I am very much into drawing/painting, although I'm not sure if I can call it a hobby... It's my career as well :) I don't have any recent pictures that I can share here, though. Maybe I'll post some of my old stuff later.

Another one of my interests is singing, but 1) I can't post a picture of that, and 2) my singing... let's just say there's a lot of room for improvement!
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    cool ones guys! I need to add some more active hobbies to my list. Im an arts and craft person... sewing, woodworking, photography, painting, jewelry making. I sort of go in spurts with it all but I always have a project. Some of my newest....

A shirt I made for my daughter. shirt.jpg

And a couple pieces of my artwork
    eye.jpg
    face.jpg
  • jenfunfur
    jenfunfur Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I don't have any pics of my hobby :(
    I love cross stitch/embroidery/ sewing & dressmaking, i'm never happier than when i have a needle & thread. I mostly do big projects for presents i.e embroidered cushion covers which take 60-80hours or running up to xmas loads of little motifs which i use to make xmas cards.

My other hobby will be my veg/herb garden, currently digging it all out as our new garden was left overgrown for over 10 years. I can't wait to be eating my own veg, but for now i'm happy with all the digging it's a great workout!
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    I knit.

corsett.jpg
    le2_medium.jpg
    hawkeyescarf2.jpg
  • That_Girl
    Options
    I sketch too...I had to find some of my work. I haven't done it in a while.

kenoakband21.jpg
    Some friends busking.

noonetopush1.jpg
    She is a character of mine.
  • StephanieLPN
    StephanieLPN Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    My profile pic is one of my hobbies. I have two horses, horse number 3 is coming this week. I'm an avid reader, I do jewelery making, quilting, I love canning, self taught last summer! I don't know how to post pictures or I'd post pictures of my horses!
  • nalopez
    nalopez Posts: 39
    Options
    You are amazing...just a little though
  • runlorirun
    runlorirun Posts: 389
    Options
    Edit: Yikes these are huge! How do I resize them?
    Edit 2: I think I fixed it...

Counted Cross-stitch, done from kits, non stamped.

My kids birth samplers:

DSC_0068.jpg

DSC_0067.jpg

DSC_0070.jpg

Nature photos:

DSC_0014.jpg

DSC_0350.jpg

DSC_0279.jpg
  • That_Girl
    Options
    OMG RUNLORIUM! My mother made that last cross-stitch for my daughter and she was born August 26, 1999 :smile: It's still hanging in her room :love: