Oatmeal

Options
13»

Replies

• sapang63
    sapang63 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I soak 1/2 cup of raw oatmeal with 1/2 cup almond milk adding cranberries, blueberries, or strawberries coconut flakes, an oz of nuts overnight then warm for a minute in the morning. Delicious!
  • jvs125
    jvs125 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal with chopped or mashed banana and peanut butter. Delicious!
  • misterdale67
    misterdale67 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    jvs125 wrote: »
    Oatmeal with chopped or mashed banana and peanut butter. Delicious!

THIS!
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    Absolutely whatever the heck I have lying around!
    Usually I cook mine over the stove with water (or almond milk), but then I get as creative as my kitchen allows with the mix-ins!
    I've tried several flavors of protein powder (adding it in after it's cooked), all sorts of different nut butters (maple almond butter, salted caramel jif spread, trader joe's cookie butter, pumpkin spice donut coconut butter, nutella, etc.), hemp pro 70 (less delicious but very healthy), Hershey's candy corn creme bars, Nestle's limited edition pumpkin spice morsels, and the list goes on! As long as the oatmeal is hot you can melt just about anything into it fairly easily - in fact, I wonder how marshmallows would be! Or my red velvet cappuccino powder mix! ;) I'm a bit experimental, obviously.
  • Lynzdee18
    Lynzdee18 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Steel cut oats. Cooked with water, cinnamon, pinch of salt and vanilla. A few golden raisins. I prefer it cold from the refrigerator. Mmmm....
  • youdontknowwhatyousaw
    Options
    With butter and Bushmill's
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal is so good with any combination of fresh or cooked or dried fruit, honey, pure maple syrup, butter, coconut oil, nuts and nut butters. All YUM. :)
  • kelseymallen
    kelseymallen Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Cinnamon, honey, pumpkin purée, or protein powder.
  • doralim1990
    doralim1990 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal with banana, sometimes with a tbsp of almond / nut butter. Trying to cut out nuts though but went cold turkey . Does anyone feel like this?
  • slideaway1
    slideaway1 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    Quaker instant oats with water and a scoop of Vanilla protein powder. Maybe Blueberries if I have some knocking about. I still cant tell if I like oats/porridge or not. I never really look forward to it.
  • Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    I've never done overnight oats. Do you just soak them in water or milk and leave in the fridge?
  • lornacatherine91
    lornacatherine91 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I love oatmeal, I eat it most days. I use organic rolled oats with hot water and add my favourings. Some of my favourites are; mashed banana and peanut butter, banana and blueberry, cinnamon and dried cranberries and apple and cinnamon. I hope this helps.
  • droidgreg30
    droidgreg30 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Morning or post-workout protein shake.

8oz Almond Milk + 2-4oz of water (if desired, for consistency reasons)
    1-2 scoops protein powder
    L-Glutamine powder (optional)
    1/4 to 1/2 cup plain oatmeal - blended to a powder
    1 small to medium banana (optional)

Add all the ingredients to a small mixer/blender and let it whirl.

I am not a big fan of plain oatmeal, even with fruit, etc. So this is a pretty good way to get it in my diet.