Wanting to loose 60lb!! Seems sooo Daunting...

Options
Hey guys, my name is Allyson, Im in the uk and Ive started this week to try and loose my goal of 60lb!! I am so determined and so glad Ive found this App. It is however a very daunting task, but Im so very much looking forward to starting this journey and feeling very positive. Please feel free to join me on my long journey ahead, also please Add me, the more friends and support for all of us the better!

Replies

• kristiglore1984
    Options
    I'm trying to loose 70 to 80lbs good luck on you're journey I'm sure it won't be easy but with determination it can be done :)
  • dazlindiva630347
    dazlindiva630347 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to loose 70 to 80lbs good luck on you're journey I'm sure it won't be easy but with determination it can be done :)

Thank you.... Good luck on you're journey also... We will do it!
  • winonavampire
    winonavampire Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    You don't have to see the entire staircase... just the first step! ~MLK

You can do it!!
  • dazlindiva630347
    Options
    You don't have to see the entire staircase... just the first step! ~MLK

You can do it!!

I like that!! Thanks hun xx

• Losinandmovin
    Losinandmovin Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I've got 55-60# to lose. I'm not looking at the big number just yet. My focus at this point(I've been on MFP on month and 6#) is the process. Logging my meals and every single thing I put in my mouth. I'm aiming for 3-4 exercise days/wk. I'm just changing one thing at a time. I'm not cutting any particular food or food group. I need this journey to be doable and lifelong. I've lost, quite literally, hundreds of pounds in the past 15 years. I don't want to quit again. I'm on MFP daily, so if there is anything I can do to support your efforts, please let me know. ☺
  • dazlindiva630347
    Options
    Welcome! I've got 55-60# to lose. I'm not looking at the big number just yet. My focus at this point(I've been on MFP on month and 6#) is the process. Logging my meals and every single thing I put in my mouth. I'm aiming for 3-4 exercise days/wk. I'm just changing one thing at a time. I'm not cutting any particular food or food group. I need this journey to be doable and lifelong. I've lost, quite literally, hundreds of pounds in the past 15 years. I don't want to quit again. I'm on MFP daily, so if there is anything I can do to support your efforts, please let me know. ☺

That is lovely hun... same for you, here if you need me! Thank you ☺
  • ponycyndi
    ponycyndi Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    I break my goals up into 10 lb "chunks". So how long til the next 10 lbs? Yay, 10 lbs gone! And so on.
  • Endless_Journey
    Endless_Journey Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Hey you have come to the right place. So your journey has begun, you are now on the right path to a healthier you. This site is awesome, I have lost 110lbs. Good luck.
  • LeslieB042812
    LeslieB042812 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options

This is great advice! Don't stare at 60 pounds to lose, just commit to logging everything you eat every day and moving more. :smile:
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Hi :)
    I'm from the UK too!

I'll echo what other posters have said and split your weight loss in to smaller increments (example: 6lbs per month) You'll feel fantastic each time you hit a goal.

Best of luck!
  • dazlindiva630347
    edited September 2015
    Options
    ponycyndi wrote: »
    I break my goals up into 10 lb "chunks". So how long til the next 10 lbs? Yay, 10 lbs gone! And so on.

Good advice.... Thank you!! ☺
  • dazlindiva630347
    Options
    Hey you have come to the right place. So your journey has begun, you are now on the right path to a healthier you. This site is awesome, I have lost 110lbs. Good luck.

Oh my... That is AMAZING!!! Well done xx
  • pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    Options
    ponycyndi wrote: »

You're not trying to lose 60 (or whatever) pounds. You're trying to lose 10 pounds 6 times. Each ten pound loss is a celebration of success.
  • Fit_Takes_Time
    Fit_Takes_Time Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I am working to lose 95 pounds. If you need a support buddy, you can friend me for sure!!!! We got this!
  • dazlindiva630347
    Options
    Hi :)
    I'm from the UK too!

I'll echo what other posters have said and split your weight loss in to smaller increments (example: 6lbs per month) You'll feel fantastic each time you hit a goal.

Best of luck!

Again.... Thank you! Advice very much needed and helpful