Has anyone tried no carb noodles?

Options
maggiedcs
maggiedcs Posts: 22 Member
Has anyone actually eaten those miracle noodles they advertise on this site? What do they taste like?

Replies

• dubaigal
    dubaigal Posts: 10
    Options
    never heard of that before....where can i buy them?!
  • NoWeighJose74
    NoWeighJose74 Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    You can get them on amazon. They're called shirataki noodles. I tried them for the first time the other day. They're a little "rubbery", but not horrible in my opinion.
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    They're a little "rubbery", but not horrible in my opinion.

That pretty much sums up my opinion of them. They work really good in Asian style stir-frys (and are very filling)....but I've also tried them as speghetti, and didn't like them as much. They don't soak up the flavors the same way regular noodles too, the sauce just sits on top. They taste pretty good if you make hamburger helper, or homemade Mac & Cheese though...thicker sticky sauces.

I do have to say ordering Miracle noodles online from the actual website is better than getting just regular Shirataki noodles from a local store. They all tend to have a fishy odor (which is why your supposed to rinse them)...but I barely noticed it in the ones I ordered online...but the ones I got from local places *bleck* like really fishy...like I just went to the fish market fishy...I didn't care for that at all.

Also, the angel hair pasta is the best one by far. They have a whole bunch of different ones. I ordered the variety pack once to try it out, and barely used the other kinds.
  • lombrica
    lombrica Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    I've had them and liked them. Low calorie, a little protein, and I do believe that they have perhaps 1 or 2 carbs per serving. I didn't do the "Miracle" Noodle but bought the Shirataki ones in the store. The package is 2 servings and I couldn't eat a whole servings worth of noodles... I rinsed them well, but didn't think that they smelled bad at all. I was scared to try them initially but was missing pasta. This was an easy pasta substitution for me and I probably won't ever go back to the regular pasta when cooking for myself at home!
  • lizzil0
    lizzil0 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I tried the Shirataki ones too. Bleh. The poppy/crunchy texture was off putting, I'd rather have zucchini noodles (I have a spiralizer to make them). Not worth hunting down.